Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

JVC A-X5 and the AR-4x's.
This is the living room system with just the AR-4x's. The KLH Fives are off for this demo.
These little speakers are terrific!
Glenn
Yes sir, those have the good vibe for sure. Now Glen, you seem to have the same problem I have, how do you decide what system to listen to, it doesn't look like you have a bad one in the house. Nice funky cut too, who is that artist?

Very nice Glenn!! I see ARs coming up all the time around Dallas, I might have to hook myself up with a set ... or two.

Edit: Set of 4's just around the corner from me. Guy want's $399. I frown ever time I see someone put X99 price on Craigslist.
Thanks! I admit that most of the time they are doing "surround" sound duty with the KLH Fives. Don't have any thoughts needing a 5. whatever system for movies or what ever I'm watching.
That's way too much for those 4's. I'd say 200 or under if they are in excellent condition. These were a CL listing. Think I paid 65 for them from the original owners son.

Yes sir, those have the good vibe for sure. Now Glen, you seem to have the same problem I have, how do you decide what system to listen to, it doesn't look like you have a bad one in the house. Nice funky cut too, who is that artist?
Thanks MJB!
The track is called Hanging On A String (SanfranDisco Re-Rub) by Loose Ends.
I guess what ever room I'm in, that's the system I listen to.
I'd say 75% of my listening is in the cave though.

They were not cheap when new, when the AR-4xa's came out in 1973, they were $75 each, that's over $400 each today.
Acoustic+Research+Ar-4xa+specs+speaker+AR4xa+review.png

Wow! They sound great! I did some research on the AR-4x's, they are from 1965-1966, that makes them as old as I am!
http://www.vintage-speaker-review.com/2012/03/acoustic-research-ar-4xa.html
Thanks, and I agree! Mine are from 1968. The seller had them listed with KLH Seventeens, so I bought both pairs, for 65.00 a pair. The ARs are all original except for a fresh very light coat of the surround sealed on the woofers. The Seventeens I restored and my daughter has them now.
Cheers, Glenn

Thanks! I admit that most of the time they are doing "surround" sound duty with the KLH Fives. Don't have any thoughts needing a 5. whatever system for movies or what ever I'm watching.
That's way too much for those 4's. I'd say 200 or under if they are in excellent condition. These were a CL listing. Think I paid 65 for them from the original owners son.

Thanks up on the fair price Glenn. I thought the asking price as steep at $399 regardless of their condition. The good news is often really nice Vintage Speakers come up for sale around the Dallas area (It's where I've picked up all my ADS speakers), bad news is they often are way over priced. More often then not I'll let them sit and stew for a while hoping the seller will lower the price or accept a lower price. It rarely ever happens unfortunately.

I decided I needed to make an update video since the L250s replaced the ADS 910s. Listening back to it, the limitations of the iPhone's mic saddens me...my clear teeth-rattleing bass just comes out as meh...

Anyway, I couldn't get far enough back in the room, so you don't really get to see the L250s much in the video. I have them wide and toed in, which sounds perfect from my listening chair.

Now for some good ol' prog-rock.

Van Der Graaf Generator - Still Life. Spotify premium(this on vinyl still eludes me). Minix Win-10 PC and Schiit Modi 2 DAC. McIntosh C33 pre and MC-2155 power amps. JBL L250.

Ho man thank you so much first time I hear Van der Graaf generator I was clearly missing something special. I'm currently downloading some albums

I think this guy must have seen this thread, this video was uploaded three days ago.
Coincidence? Maybe.
This guy has some really awesome speakers on his channel.

Kenricks videos always sound fantastic. They're using a really nice camera. Sometimes you can see it in the reflections of the amplifiers when they do the closeup panning shots.

Last edited:
I think this guy must have seen this thread, this video was uploaded three days ago.
Coincidence? Maybe.
This guy has some really awesome speakers on his channel.

Yes, Kendrick Studios. world renown for his restoration work and custom crossovers. Mostly JBL. Check out some of the work he's done on the Jbl Paragons. Breathtaking. I've been a subscriber for a very long time. Was glad he finally got around to Tin Pan Alley.

here's a quicky from last night, minimalistic (!) setup for special occasion

LOL....same here, anyone that looks in my room see's pillows and blankets pinned to walls, speakers way out into the room......and it looks different every time they see it, If I try to talk about audio or room acoustics, they just look at me like I'm some kind of weirdo.....lol......so, I hang out here with you guys. :D

the weird thing is, that they all invariably are impressed with the sound (very easy, the best they have heard is in their car with all the noise etc, if they are lucky).
somehow they still don't care after they exit the room:dunno:

here's a quicky from last night, minimalistic (!) setup for special occasion

the weird thing is, that they all invariably are impressed with the sound (very easy, the best they have heard is in their car with all the noise etc, if they are lucky).
somehow they still don't care after they exit the room:dunno:
I have this conversation all the time: You enjoyed that? For a few thousand, you could get a lot of that sound on equipment that'll last the rest of your life!

Balk!

So far I'm very happy... these are the AR3's @patfont sold me. I have some tuning to do before I post any videos, but they are tres cool. Play everything from jazz to metal beautifully:

View attachment 1006421

250 tube watts in a 10x10x10 room with a passive preamp and 60 year old speakers. This hobby is very cool.
That looks like a dream system!
So hurry up and get it tuned so we can hear it! :beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom