Vintage Fords, Lincolns, and Mercurys!!

I always liked this body style. Hard to find ones that aren't rotted away.
Thanks - it was originally a Texas car until 1981, and then moved to western Washington...no snow, and no salt on the roads.
It's not without some rust issues - it sat parked outside through many wet western Washington winters, and the floors are rusted out due to the cowl vents rusting and leaking. I bought it from my dad in 2000, and that was the end of its career as a daily driver - it now gets driven when its nice out, otherwise it's in my garage. Get the kids out of college, and I'll be looking at fixing the old car up.

The worst car I ever owned was this beauty from 1989. When it was running it rode and handled very well. My brother-in-law at the time had the performance version with Yamaha heads. It was quite fast as I recall but difficult to shift due to it's non linear clutch.

5757640047_large.jpg

nice other than paint is it original or mod?

It isn't completely original, but we took it closer than it was. The headlight buckets are Chevy... couple other things aren't exactly right. The paint was originally done by another shop and left incomplete. We had a fun time trying to get it matched to paint the stuff that wasn't done or too messed up to keep. Our supplier was to the shop at least 3 or 4 times before we got it close enough to blend.

The replacement carb showed up today after all kinds of drama since May. We drove it around the lot for bit. It actually runs pretty good. Currently waiting on a Cowl Lid (covers the access to the gas tank, 26-27 only, no one reproduces them... just found a rough one on eBay), a clip we are missing to install the hood (ordered today from Snyders along with a new gasket for the radiator and gas caps), and the base of the seat to be completed by our upholstery guy.

Did the Sprints come with a 260 or 289 V8?

For a short time I had a baby blue 2 door 60 Falcon automatic with a very anemic 6 cylinder.

Nice!

The roll bar, fat rear tires, and skinnys up front hint at a fun ride...

Yeah. he said it had a 347 in it. (stroked 302)

Here is another one that belongs to a good friends's kid. It has a 351 Windsor in it, 4 speed and 9" rear. I built the engine, it's a mild one.

falcon jesse.jpg

Was at a picnic today and there were TWO '63 Falcon Sprints. One of my favorite body styles.

View attachment 1029587

I had a '64 Falcon I bought for $300.00 when I got married in 1974. I drove it for 3 years without putting hardly any money into it and I sold it for $300.00. I had a free car for those years. It was very reliable and started right up even in the worst cold of winter. I still have a timing light that I found in the trunk that looks like it was from a Flash Gordon movie. No pictures of it but here's one I found online.

1964-ford-026.jpg

On warm fall days I miss my Mustang. Wife hated to ride with the top down as it messed up her hair and with the top up she thought it was too loud. :rolleyes:

P2220018.JPG

^^That is a BIG convertible!
I miss my old Mustang. Not my wife's old 2004 convert with the 3.8L V-6, but my old 1985 5.0HO GT convert. Loved zipping out the back window and driving around with the top up, all the windows down, when it was too hot for the top to go down too.

Back
Top Bottom