Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Estate sale this morning. No mention of audio in the ad or I probably wouldn't have gotten this stuff..

Technics sl-1300
Pioneer sa-7300
Diatone-251miNI

All have original manuals..
Any idea to the value of the diatones?

Very nice, love it when the audio is overlooked, hope the price was good to. The SL-1300 is a nice table, it will go on forever.

Man, that looks nice! I think I should go LED on my CR-1020, the dull original lamps are the only thing I don't love about it.

It does look good doesn't it. They are quite directional so placement is tricky. I also removed the blue plastic filter in the dial pointer in hopes of enhancing the brightness. It helps a bit.

WOW.
A Marantz 2275! :yikes:

Do tell!

:lurk:

The gentleman running the sale had some other equipment out with the sale. Nothing I was really interested in. I asked him if he had any other audio gear for sale. He said he had a lot and was slowly clearing it out. He preferred to clean them up and get them working before selling on kijiji.

I asked if there was anything he'd be interested in selling as-is. Long story short, he brought out the Marantz and I paid his asking price without thinking twice.

Garage sale 50 cent CD's today:

Various-The British Invasion: The History or British Rock, Vol. 2 (Rhino, no artwork)
Various-The British Invasion: The History or British Rock, Vol. 5 (Rhino)
Uncle Tupelo -89/93: An Anthology (no artwork)
The Pixies-Doolittle (no artwork)
John Lee Hooker-Best of (GNP/Crescendo)
Alejandro Escovdeo-The Boxing Mirror (sealed)
Mojo Nixon-Otis
Elvis Costello & the Attractions-Blood and Chocolate (Hip-O)
Paul Weller-22 Dreams
Bonnie Raitt-The Glow
Bonnie Raitt-Takin' My Time
Bonnie Raitt-Sweet Forgiveness
X-See How We Are
Teenage Fanclub-Bandwagonesque
Jimmy Cliff-The Harder They Come Soundtrack
Dr. Hook-Greatest Hits
Steve Earle-Transcendental Blues
Elton John-Madman Across the Water
Ramones-Loud, Fast: Their Toughest Hits
The Drams-Jubilee Drive
Reverend Horton Heat-Space Heater
Los Lobos-El Cancienero (4-disc box set, $1)

Garage sale today listed "stereos," bought their table full of goodies for $65.

Harman Kardon AVR 20II
Harman Kardon FL8300 CD changer
Boston Acoustics PV400 sub
Boston Acoustics CR65 bookshelf speakers
Panasonic RA-6600 Receiver w/8-track
Along with assorted Monster Cable interconnects and speaker cables.

Imgsafe is not working at the moment...can't post any photos.

Estate sale today had lots of 8-track players, and a Centrex by Pioneer compact system, and lots of tools, but then.......on top of a file cabinet in the back of the garage, behind the jazz 78s, was a pair of Boston Acoustics A-150s. They need surrounds, of course, but I'm anxious to hear them.

20170916_130638.jpg

Estate sale today had lots of 8-track players, and a Centrex by Pioneer compact system, and lots of tools, but then.......on top of a file cabinet in the back of the garage, behind the jazz 78s, was a pair of Boston Acoustics A-150s. They need surrounds, of course, but I'm anxious to hear them.

View attachment 1006130
Nice! I have a pair of those. Easy refoam. The old adhesive scraped off without much effort.. I think you will enjoy how they sound.

Realistic power meter standalone? Cool! Much nicer than mine with just LEDs.
Realistic made several Power Meters! The one shown was their basic. I have their totl and just love it,much more accurate then the one shown as well:)

Garage sale 50 cent CD's today:

Various-The British Invasion: The History or British Rock, Vol. 2 (Rhino, no artwork)
Various-The British Invasion: The History or British Rock, Vol. 5 (Rhino)
Uncle Tupelo -89/93: An Anthology (no artwork)
The Pixies-Doolittle (no artwork)
John Lee Hooker-Best of (GNP/Crescendo)
Alejandro Escovdeo-The Boxing Mirror (sealed)
Mojo Nixon-Otis
Elvis Costello & the Attractions-Blood and Chocolate (Hip-O)
Paul Weller-22 Dreams
Bonnie Raitt-The Glow
Bonnie Raitt-Takin' My Time
Bonnie Raitt-Sweet Forgiveness
X-See How We Are
Teenage Fanclub-Bandwagonesque
Jimmy Cliff-The Harder They Come Soundtrack
Dr. Hook-Greatest Hits
Steve Earle-Transcendental Blues
Elton John-Madman Across the Water
Ramones-Loud, Fast: Their Toughest Hits
The Drams-Jubilee Drive
Reverend Horton Heat-Space Heater
Los Lobos-El Cancienero (4-disc box set, $1)

MAN!! Mojo Nixon, X, Alejandro Escovedo, Uncle Tupelo, etc.
I need to check my collection to make sure it's still there! Great music, right up my alley. I'd have been all over that.

Saturday's mini score: A Tenma audio generator and a Tek P6015A high voltage probe. Cost? $10 for both.

SZMfZaV.jpg

WLIULVj.jpg

zwcjqWN.jpg

BU4A9OJ.jpg

The PC80's are not solid oak, they are wrapped in oak veneer. They are high quality speakers though, I have a pair and I love them. $20 was a great price, what condition are the woofer surrounds in?

The PC80's are not solid oak, they are wrapped in oak veneer. They are high quality speakers though, I have a pair and I love them. $20 was a great price, what condition are the woofer surrounds in?
You are right on the veneer. I read some review that said solid oak cabs. The surrounds are excellent. The middle foam seems dry, but they sound great. Hard to believe they were $650 new. Wow.
phase2.JPG

You are right on the veneer. I read some review that said solid oak cabs. The surrounds are excellent. The middle foam seems dry, but they sound great. Hard to believe they were $650 new. Wow.
View attachment 1006876
Wow indeed, the flat foam on the woofer is inconsequential, it's the surround foam that matters. Do your best to avoid touching the foam around the tweeters, it will be crumbling by now. Keep the grills on and all will be well. I have them powered by a big Yamaha amp right now but they worked well with a Fisher tube amp as well. $20 is a steal, especially with good woofer surrounds. :thumbsup:

$20 was even better because it included the Paradigm sub too! I tried them through my SX-1980 and my Magnavox tube amp and I actually like the tubes better with them. I accidentally touched the tweeter foam and it started to crumble, so the grills went right back on. Was a pretty good score all in all. Not that I need more speakers, but......

Back
Top Bottom