Today's Blues Playlist

Captured Live! - Johnny Winter
WLP press.
bTXUxV9.jpg

Cool!!!:thumbsup:

Johnny Winter- Scorchin' Blues
Epic/ Legacy Records

A good compilation of Columbia and Blue Sky Records. Includes a nice live version of Mean Town Blues from the Filmore East.

I was watching the YouTube video of Johnny playing Mean Town Blues at Woodstock last night. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it in a while.

Johnny Winter- Scorchin' Blues
Epic/ Legacy Records

A good compilation of Columbia and Blue Sky Records. Includes a nice live version of Mean Town Blues from the Filmore East.

I was watching the YouTube video of Johnny playing Mean Town Blues at Woodstock last night. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it in a while.
I've got that Scorchin' CD.
Short, but sweet comp. Probably not the most authoritative Winter comp out there, but it's got good flow.
A lotta goodness to be found in those Sony/Legacy/Roots N Blues CDs, and they can often be had for a song. Heck there's a copy of this one on amazon right now for $1.29.

Found this CD sealed at the local thrift.
Being sealed I searched Youtube to give it a listen.
I would rather leave it sealed and move it on if I didn't like it.

Piano Blues.
Not bad. I need to listen to these tracks on Youtube more to see if they grow on me.
I prefer the Chicago Electric Guitar Blues sound more.

charles brown.jpeg

More

Jimmy Dawkins- Blistering
Delmark Records

Jimmy Dawkins- Fast Fingers
Delmark Records

Otis Rush - All Your Love I Miss Loving
Live at the Wise Fools Pub, Chicago
Delmark Records

Such Tone

He swings, he hits, and it's out of the park!

I was just this moment listening to an early 80's indie band and was admiring the guitar tone. Which got me to thinking that so much of what turns me on isn't necessarily speed or skill, it's the sound. In most every genre, the hypnotic guitar tone is what draws me in. There are gobs of great guitar players but often I find myself bored with "shredding" and execution.
I saw Jimmy Dawkins in a club a long time ago but can't remember it.

Back
Top Bottom