RIP Frank Carpenter AKA fcarpcarp ;-(

I should be able to make it. Planning to attend the Boxboro hamfest in the morning, and then head to Lancaster afterwards to pay my respects.
-Adam

Frank had a lovely service at the funeral home, including a large spread of photos from his entire life. A lot of which showed sides of him AKers hadn't seen much of. I think vintage Frank wouldn't have looked out of place fronting a '70s prog rock band. His family also graciously hosted a very well stocked reception back at the house in the woods. Got a tour of the Carpenter manse and met some cool and interesting people. It's always too bad that it has to be funerals to bring people together like this.

I was surprised only three AKers made it. Would have been four, but my friend Tony (Urchinn) is trying to get to his family in FL to help with the hurricane.

Last edited:
I hate making excuses but stupid 3rd shift work duties yesterday kept me from attending just like it did for all the summertime fests. I'm glad to hear that there were a couple of good aker's that made the trek and paid their respects though:thumbsup:

John, thanks for going and thanks for reporting back. I couldn't attend yesterday, but I will continue to assist the family in sorting through the workshop throughout the month. I'll keep you guys posted. We should have a final date on the last Frankenfest, but it's looking like the 30th. Will confirm with Frank's family and Jim on that. Thanks!

I could not attend yesterday, family issues to deal with. I did light a candle and leave a message on the memorial page that is linked here. Maybe others could do the same. Frank was a great guy and I enjoyed the time spent with him.

WOW- I am just reading of this now. Franks generosity to this little community was huge. I've not been to a gathering in a 2 or 3 years- RIP Frank.

Chris

I was able to attend, and it was a wonderful service. Enjoyed looking at all the photos, and had a nice time at the reception afterwards with plenty of good food, good music and good conversation, just as was experienced at all of Frank's gatherings. Near the end, we toasted Frank with some very nice single-malt Scotch. :beerchug: Truly a fitting send-off, IMO.
-Adam

Yes Adam, I think you and I had the lion's share of that scotch...A very nice day indeed.Good to meet other family members and friends that have known Frank much longer than I have.

As baco99 mentioned we will be having a final FrankenFest at the Clinton location on September 30th.
To both honor Frank and help his family to find a home for all his stuff.

Sad to hear, Frank will be greatly missed. Always enjoyed attending a fest and great conversation with him.

It's quite charming that a man named Carpenter actually became one!

Reading his obituary, I regret not getting to know him better. He was an interesting fellow, who apparently had a rich life.

So sorry to hear of Frank's passing. I was fortunate to work with him on a few projects for my company. Man, was he good/a perfectionist/wildly entertaining/smart/funny/gentle/eccentric/generous/learned...and so many other adjectives.

RIP Frank. Lourdes and I thank you for your generosity, friendship and all the great conversations we had.

I am very sad to learn the news of Frank's passing. Although I (along with fellow Mainer Barry aka Captain Scary) attend only one of Frank's Fest, it was a FANTASTIC event! The Fest I attended was many years ago but, I recall Frank being a lovely wonderful person/host. I wish I could recall the year. It was the Frank Fest when Captain Scary brought a bunch of Maine Lobsters to Frank's house and we made Lobster rolls for the group. RIP Frank.

SixCats! (aka Tom in Maine)

Just a suggestion - perhaps reworking the FRANKENFEST emblem, and incorporating Frank's picture with his trademark hat would make his memory and the memory of the original Frankenfest concept somewhat permanent?

Wow so sad. Just met him for the first time at the last FrankenFest. Great guy. That's too young. Was so nice of him to host one last time, even though he obviously wasn't in top form. Really wish I got to spend more time with him. He was a really smart man. And very talented. Unfortunately I don't trust my car to drive to this Fest. And that's a shame. I'd love to hear the Altecs again, and say goodbye.

I was able to attend, and it was a wonderful service. Enjoyed looking at all the photos, and had a nice time at the reception afterwards with plenty of good food, good music and good conversation, just as was experienced at all of Frank's gatherings. Near the end, we toasted Frank with some very nice single-malt Scotch. :beerchug: Truly a fitting send-off, IMO.
-Adam
Actually, You and I damn near polished off that bottle ourselves...Lovely celebration with his family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom