What's your latest audio purchase?

I bought a pair of JBL 4410 studio monitors on the last day of an estate sale. The woofer foams were gone and the cabinets need some attention. Refoamed the woofers and I love the way they sound. I picked up at a Technics SU-V8 at a moving sale for a dollar .It's a heavy powerful beast.Sounds incredible with the JBL's..Funny thing about the Technics is when I bought it they had it sitting on top of a trash can. If it wouldn't have sold it probably would have ended up in the trash can .

Bought a (then) TOTL Lafayette LR-1500TA for $50 today. Apparently, this receiver garnered many good reviews back in the day. I need a new receiver like a hole in the head, but I couldn't resist. I still haven't hooked it up to my system yet though. The picture below isn't mine however. It's just for general reference purposes.

70012f9770a0fc044c8b106ef84b5617--lafayette-mint.jpg

My lightly used Manley Neo-Classic 250's arrived today. I didn't get the deal of the century on them, but it was a much better deal than I think these amps would warrant. Just fantastic sounding, and (relatively) cheap to maintain.

index.php

They generate so much heat, and are so darn big. But damned, they are mas macho.

Linkwitz Lab active crossover kit. Some copper foil inductors & Clarity caps. MOFI's latest One Step Limited Production LP.

I just picked up a near mint Rotel RX-855, 50W, dual mono receiver for an insanely cheap price. Despite its small footprint, it has two transformers, about 30,000 μF of filter capacitance, has a beefy milled heat sink, and weighs over 25 pounds. TBH, I don't really have a need for it, but it was just way too cheap to not pick up. Why, oh why do I have this illness? lol

I just picked one up for cheap, too. Mostly because I wanted a cheap MC head amp for my Linn ASAK. Which sounds better than the Pro-ject Phonobox S I just sold, for 50% more than I paid for the Rotel :)banana:).

I just picked one up for cheap, too. Mostly because I wanted a cheap MC head amp for my Linn ASAK. Which sounds better than the Pro-ject Phonobox S I just sold, for 50% more than I paid for the Rotel :)banana:).

Yeah, I've since sold the Rotel. Onwards and upwards. Glad you're enjoying yours. Cheers.

RBH MC 6C + MC 414C.jpg RBH dual TS 10AP subs.jpg

Today, I picked up a set of RBH speakers (MC series) ...excellent condition...for $199 (odd price):
  • 2 MC-6Cs
  • 1 MC-414C
  • 2 TS-10AP subs (yes, dual subs)

Last edited:
Took most of the summer off due to slim pickings; A few people deciding to purge their storage units led to some pretty substantial bulk purchases:

Lot #1)
Hitachi HT-12 Turntable
Dual 510 Turntable
Dual 1258 Turntable
Dual CS 528 Turntable
Dual 1210 Turntable
Dual 1214 Turntable
JVC L-A110 Turntable
Pioneer PL-12 Turntable
Realistic R-8000 turntable

Concord CR-260 Receiver
Fisher RS-220 Receiver
Advent 300 Receiver

Audio Research ST-2000 tuner

PSB 50R speakers

Everything needs work of some sort; looking forward to it though. Included were another four turntables that qualified as broken BPC and are straight to the recyclers.

Lot #2)
Pioneer CT-F850 Cassette Deck
Yamaha CA-1010 Integrated Amp
Sony APM-66ES Speakers

Belts in the cassette deck are shot and the amp has considerable build-up in the dials and switches. A good cleaning will be required to see whats what. Meter lights work though!
Addicted to the Flouroscan meters; no idea why I keep letting the pioneer receivers go.

Slim picking this year as everyone on CL is asking crazy prices, but did manage to pick up the following within a period of a month:

Jolida 202a
JBL 1401ND woofers
JBL Minigon, but drivers in fair condition, crossover fine
Harman Kardon Citation IV with some Telefunken tubes
Harman Kardon Citation V
(haven't tested them yet)

Back
Top Bottom