SP-200

Ryanj52

What years were the SP-200 speakers made, I saw they were introduced in 1966 but I was wondering how long they were made.

Also is the 12" woofer the same as the SP-2000?

Thanks

There are 6 SP-200s on file in the database. They were all manufactured between March and June 1969.

There are 14 SP-2000s on file. They were all manufactured between February 1969 and November 1970.

They were available at the same time so they might use the same woofers. Maybe someone will know for sure.

- Pete

Sansui serial numbers have a manufacture date code in them. I maintain a database of over 6000 Sansui serial numbers so we can answer questions like yours. If you have these speakers or other classic Sansui products, you can add your serial numbers to the database by clicking on the link in my signature block. The more serial numbers we have, the more accurate the data.

- Pete

Click on the link in my signature block. The first post in the thread has a link to the database.

- Pete

I really like the set i bought especially for being made in 1967, i might try and find someone to recap the crossover they sound great set on clear and the other two settings they sound a little off, but on clear they sound great.

Attachments

• 20170911_154614.jpg
    20170911_154614.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 13
I really like the set i bought especially for being made in 1967, i might try and find someone to recap the crossover they sound great set on clear and the other two settings they sound a little off, but on clear they sound great.
You really do need to replace the caps in the crossover. And please use film caps instead of the non polar electrolytics. Also use deoxit on the selector switch. I used worn 600 grit paper soaked in deoxit. Pull it thru each contact once or twice. Gently retorque the speakers.
They will sound excellent .

You really do need to replace the caps in the crossover. And please use film caps instead of the non polar electrolytics. Also use deoxit on the selector switch. I used worn 600 grit paper soaked in deoxit. Pull it thru each contact once or twice. Gently retorque the speakers.
They will sound excellent .

I have never done that, but willing to learn. Could you post what replacement parts I would need when you have time? Thanks

Also the woofers are different between the two speakers although they would probably swap from a mounting standpoint. I have a pair of both, the 2000s are higher wattage, the 200s have a somewhat "mellower" sound with a bit better bass. The SP 200s were probably designed for the 3000a or the 2000 receivers while the SP 2000s were possibly matched to the 5000 series. .

Thanks Billyz! Although most of your thread went over my head, I am trying to learn. I tried the pictures, but didn't have any luck.

Also the woofers are different between the two speakers although they would probably swap from a mounting standpoint. I have a pair of both, the 2000s are higher wattage, the 200s have a somewhat "mellower" sound with a bit better bass. The SP 200s were probably designed for the 3000a or the 2000 receivers while the SP 2000s were possibly matched to the 5000 series. .

I have these hooked up to a 2000A, I love it, I need to get everything serviced.

Back
Top Bottom