Metallica "Kill Em All" 180g Vinyl $11.93 at Walmart

Ha, everything new sucks! Everything sucks!

11 bucks for a shinny new album doesn't suck although the production on Kill Em All kinda did suck.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm putting in an order on Amazon.

The Blackened reissue of Ride The Lightning sucks for a myriad of reasons, but the KeA reissue only sucks for the original reasons.

Reactions: cwh
When people start learning what they're buying we will have peace online that all new vinyl suxs.

the OP posted two links for one title, one is one the new Metallic owned Blackened Record Label, that took there catalogue from Electra.
  • Vinyl (April 15, 2016)
  • Number of Discs: 1
  • Label: Rhino/Blackened Recordings
  • ASIN: B01BUX7YY0

The one at Wallmart is a Australian import that I can't even find a current listing on discogs the below and only WEA are form 87

Kill 'Em All ‎(Cass, Album) Elektra, WEA 600142-4 Australia 1987
Kill 'Em All ‎(LP, Album) Elektra, WEA 600142-1 Australia 1987

It's not Duke Ellington, this is a time when Metallica was drums and guitar (their best time for the purest). How can you go wrong with any $11 sealed album. Let the OP let us know how he felt it sounded. I researched his albums he post and I couldn't find AUS as country of origin, just that it's Warner Brother International, guess we'll know when OP posts his opinion.

Last edited:
  • Vinyl (April 15, 2016)
  • Number of Discs: 1
  • Label: Rhino/Blackened Recordings
  • ASIN: B01BUX7YY0

Made some phonecalls, this one is pressed at Pallas and comes with the free 320kb download card. Awesome deal.

Out of the two links, none of them will be pressed at Pallas, even the better copy IMHO from Rhino would be done at RTI or QRP in the states.

Out of the two links, none of them will be pressed at Pallas, even the better copy IMHO from Rhino would be done at RTI or QRP in the states.
Not to go way off OP but is the rule of thumb that pressings from RTI generally suck?

For $12 it's worth a shot. I have some the earlier re-issues with Am I Evil and Blitzkrieg which was hard to find in the early 90s when I wanted them. I'm not sure if it was the first Elektra or a later Elektra, but newer stock at that time no longer had those extra songs so I had to hunt around. I found a CD, vinyl and cassette eventually.

They did kill Napster, or it seemed that way, and I wasn't happy about it. Of course, by then I wasn't a fan of their new releases either, so I happily pretended they stopped making albums after Master. Maybe Justice. :)

ok, mistery solved.....i just picked mine up from Walmart. Its just a regular "Blackened" label

... How can you go wrong with any $11 sealed album...
You can't - with retailers such as Barnes & Noble charging an average of ~$30 per album. Eleven pre-tax dollars is a late 80s/early 90s price point for an excellent album on vinyl, a format whose sales were falling off a cliff during the aforementioned time period as CD sales began to take off. Even though I'm not "into" vinyl, for that price I'd grab a copy and literally frame the jacket for the simple fact I was able to obtain a new item of music without having felt fleeced. To the OP, put on "Seek & Destroy," turn the volume up to "10" and let us know how sore your neck is afterwards. :rockon:

My backordered Blackened reissue form Amazon arrived. Kinda hoped it would show up during the holidays as an unexpected gift to myself.

Price has increased 30 cents breaking the $11 mark so it's probably not even worth considering anymore :)

IMG_2568.JPG

Back
Top Bottom