What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Just remembered this one when I stopped for donuts:

People who leave the car running with nobody in it while they are in a store or whatever.

Two things really .... people who barrel roll onto a Highway and just totally ignore the yield sign ... and people who don't yield to me
when I'm coming onto the main Highway road o_O.

Another one: tailgaters on the highway. I had one on the way home tonight that was so close, I couldn't see his headlights in the rear view mirror. I contemplated opening the sunroof and flipping him off, but I doubt he would have seen it.

^ Commercials for drugs of any sort! I am so sick of "plaque psoriasis", "afib", and all of the other miscellaneous maladies.

Then my favorite line in almost every drug commercial "Do not take Fukitol if you are allergic to Fukitol". Well, how would you know you are allergic to it unless you've already taken it?

The term 'Human Nature" and folk that say 'It's my nature I can't change that' Or 'It's who I am'

Like It's something unchangeable. Often used to justify poor or bad behaviour, and often used to resist change even if that change is actually a good change.

Most of the time a more accurate term would be 'Human habit'

tampon and maxi pad commercials. commercials for drugs to give old men a stiffy.
. +1! Those commercials that run at prime-time and all of the various pills and potions that have to make kids wonder what all that stuff is about. Its uncomfortable and embarrassing when there are friends or family members present. And 'ya know, those darned maxi pad commercials dont work anyway. I haven't bought any more of them since they keep airing those commercials every few minutes. Phoey on 'em!

Squirrels killing my conifers. I found countless ends of fir twigs again today on the ground. My conifers are already weak because they suffer from bark beetles.

Squeaky doors

Had a couple here at the office building, and they were so bad I finally brought in some oil and did it myself! They were not even in my work area, but one was a bathroom I use, and the other was down in a filing room - how do the file clerks not go insane? If I worked down there for one day I'd become crazed to the point of slicing off a piece of fat from one of those ladies and squeezing it onto the hinges.

Kinks in hoses (I just watered).

Hoses made so cheaply they can't resist kinking if you even look at them funny!

Another one: tailgaters on the highway. I had one on the way home tonight that was so close, I couldn't see his headlights in the rear view mirror. I contemplated opening the sunroof and flipping him off, but I doubt he would have seen it.

If they're not already on, I like to turn on my lights at that point, which they think are brake lights, and if there's no one braking in front, they think you're crazy and they back up. :biggrin:

Had a couple here at the office building, and they were so bad I finally brought in some oil and did it myself! They were not even in my work area, but one was a bathroom I use, and the other was down in a filing room - how do the file clerks not go insane? If I worked down there for one day I'd become crazed to the point of slicing off a piece of fat from one of those ladies and squeezing it onto the hinges.

Hoses made so cheaply they can't resist kinking if you even look at them funny!

If they're not already on, I like to turn on my lights at that point, which they think are brake lights, and if there's no one braking in front, they think you're crazy and they back up. :biggrin:

Ha! I love in a small quaint Central Pennsylvania town where we have to pick up our mail at the post office. Sometime its a bit of a pain but for the most part I like seeing friends an neighbors picking up their mail too. Anyway, to get the point of the matter, the two door leading to the lobby squeaked really loud for the past year or so. One day I had enough. I got my mail and ran home to get some oil for the hinges. The funny part is that if some of the town folk knew that I used gun oil on those hinges they would have lost their mind and never stepped foot in the place again. I just consider it to be a little community service.

Back
Top Bottom