What's your latest audio purchase?

In the last 2 months I got a free yamaha ax 590 they said left channel was cutting out but its been fine for me.
Also paid £20 for a marantz pm 6010 ose which goes great.
Last night I got some celestion dl8 speakers
https://www.flickr.com/photos/30539771@N00/37059426670/in/datetaken-public/
only tried these on the 6010 ose and they are very good detail not a lot of bass but they might go better on the yamaha for bass.
or I can just use the kef psw 2010 for more.

View attachment 1012934
All this for $200 & I found it couple miles from my house.

Pioneer JA-R2S rack
(2) Technics SE 9060 monoblocks
Technics st-9030 fm tuner
Spectro Acoustics 217R preamp
Spectro Acoustics 210R equalizer
I can see that score going in all sorts of different directions.

I already got the Spectro Acoustics bug having picked up a 210 EQ a while back and researching the brand's history (former Phase Linear guys).
Then there's a great start on the Technics "pro series" rack mount line-up that's on my gear wanted list.
And that Pioneer rack would look awesome stuffed full of SPEC gear...

Awesome grab,congrats. :thumbsup:

Bret P.

I can see that score going in all sorts of different directions.

I already got the Spectro Acoustics bug having picked up a 210 EQ a while back and researching the brand's history (former Phase Linear guys).
Then there's a great start on the Technics "pro series" rack mount line-up that's on my gear wanted list.
And that Pioneer rack would look awesome stuffed full of SPEC gear...

Awesome grab,congrats. :thumbsup:

Not sure what I'll do with everything.
I have an all tube setup and the room gets quite warm in the summertime and I have been contemplating running a solid state setup in the summer. This might be were I start but my room is small and running these as monoblocks might be overkill.
I knew the rack alone was worth twice the asking price.

Nothing overly fancy. I got some JBL 4311B's in very nice shape a few months ago for $75. Don't know if the sound agrees with me though.

Slim picking this year as everyone on CL is asking crazy prices, but did manage to pick up the following within a period of a month:

Jolida 202a
JBL 1401ND woofers
JBL Minigon, but drivers in fair condition, crossover fine
Harman Kardon Citation IV with some Telefunken tubes
Harman Kardon Citation V
(haven't tested them yet)
It's funny how CL (and audio availability in general) ebbs and flows. I'm certainly not a big time searcher, but I do enjoy looking to see what's what from time to time. Great deals seem to fall into my lap in multiples. I'll find a pair of speakers at Salvation Army one day, and the next day I'll find another pair at a garage sale. Follow that up with months of nothingness. Although, I do let a lot of nice bargains pass me by simply because I don't feel like driving out to get them. I watched an ad on CL for a several weeks. The guy was selling a Kenwood receiver (a decent one from the 90's), an NAD CD player, and NAD Model 20 speakers that I found out were actually made by ADS. He wanted $150 for everything, but for some reason I just couldn't bother with it. I don't think most people knew what those speakers were.

klh model 20 trade,an cash also with nice model 20 speakers this one thankfully needs nothing,but i got a lot in the unit...........

i meant i got a lot of cash,an trade even though its extra nice,an full rich an loud,an rejects records great.......i paid too much in other words..regardless of how nice it looks an runs etc......

I picked up the following on a road trip:
  • 2 Polk Audio LsiM 703 ($400 pair)
  • 2 Aperion Audio 633T + 1 Aperion Audio S-10 sub ($235 total)
  • 2 SVS SB 2000 subs / piano gloss black ($750 for both)
All in great shape...great deals on these items!

Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2. I have been enjoying it so far, and appreciate the two output options. It should work well whenever I get around to upgrading my cartridge.

Can the two outputs work simultaneously at the same time or it is one at a time only?

Back
Top Bottom