Classic High-End Gear

Dude, you can post another dozen photos of that and I will NOT complain. If it's yours?

Then you can invite me over for a listen. I'll bring cognac which may be the appropriate beverage for something of that quality & vintage.

Edit, oh I see you have a P-600 and a P-400. Did I mention
index.php
?

The 600 in particular is a lot of power for a Manhattan apt (I used to live in one). But maybe you're in a townhouse or something. I just got my first Accuphase amp last week. Definitely enjoying it. A-212.

Last edited:
Dude, you can post another dozen photos of that and I will NOT complain. If it's yours?

Then you can invite me over for a listen. I'll bring cognac which may be the appropriate beverage for something of that quality & vintage.

Edit, oh I see you have a P-600. Did I mention
index.php
?

That's a lot of power for a Manhattan apt (I used to live in one). But maybe you're in a townhouse or something. I just got my first Accuphase amp last week. Definitely enjoying it. A-212.
The P-600 is still a work in process, the P-400 is a piece of perfection. I don't use them to their full output, I don't really need to as these amps seem to be as wonderful at normal levels as they are at high spl's.
I have a few other amps here too, I'd happily have an evening of cognac and music:).

I will also mention the Mark Levinson No 29 power amp.

It`s a tiny (for a Levinson) amp at 50watt per channel and cirka 20kgs,
but it`s a very stable dual-mono construction with two 320VA trafo`s,
and will deliver 175watts in 2ohm load.

This tells of a well built and solid (powerwise) amp,
that still can be liftet by one man alone.

When used in a complete Levinson system together with KEF XQ40 speakers,
I was in shock.
For days.
I could not believe what was happening!

The first evening when I hooked it all up,I had just come home from a week away at work,
so once the devices where turned on and a cd was loaded,
I laid down on the sofa.
To tired to empty the glass of fine french redwine that goes to end my working weeks.
But I could not really relax.

This system was presenting my old favourite albums in a whole new way,
there were details that I never heard,and albums that I had played thousands of times upthrough the years
came to me like somebody had discovered "secret mastertapes" and put them into my cd-collection.

I miss it.
I miss that whole Levinson set-up.:bye:

Oh well,here`s a pic from the web:

Ml 29.jpg

I don´t want to be autorferencial, but there is a very special equipment developer wich is Holimar (from my land, Argentina), name after the 3 founder back in the late´40s (Hojemberg, Lisa y Margulis). This factory began to work in Hi-End equipment in the ´50s.
In this long history, they introduce many inovations, like:

In 1968, begans the production of an integrated amplifier with the highest damping factor (the T-401), equipped with active filters of 12 dB per octave (which do not use inductive elements) was started:

4a9f37a4fcb3cf1262649fe60abc6c93.jpg

In 1972 introduces the "resonator of two modes of freedom" (the "Holimar 3/13").

In 1977 Holimar develops the 812 preamplifier, unique in the world with input selector by electronic command operated by contact of the operator's skin, specially prepared to integrate a tri-amplification system, which would initiate an international trend in the matter:

holimar-manana-en-algun-lugar.jpg

In 1982 they develop the "esoteric" sistem 703 (preamplifier) / 910 (Power unit), that was fully designed based on hearing tests of capacitors and resistors and circuit topology. This equipments counts with individual power supply per channel, completely complementary symmetry, pure class A exciters, servo control system, total direct coupling, and with remarcable performance caracteristics:

Total harmonic distortion: 0.006%
Intermodulation distortion: 0.005%
Frequency response: + 0 / -3 dB 1Hz to 200000 Hz
Signal / noise ratio (ASA standards): 108 dB (ASA "A)

In 1995, Holimar launched the first solid state international amplifier with complementary non-differential input:

amplificador-potencia-holimar-amf-200-mosfet-240-w-clase-a-D_NQ_NP_877903-MLA25710243182_062017-O.webp

In 2009 they renovate their offer and lounch a new Pre/Power sistem, the "H" series:

holimar-ultimo-equipo-serie-2009--conjunto-preamplificador-y-amplificador-240-watts-H2.jpg

It´s a shame that the brand it is not very well at an international level, because Holimar allways try to produce in an "artesan way", and in small scale, in order to mantain the superb quality of their products.

More information at:

http://ustatic.com.ar/holimar/

Regards

? Does anyone have /use those cool old luxman amp with the 2 tubes glowing in the small window in the front of the unit ?? How were those same units ,they looked cool

I had the 70?watt per side integrated driving a pair of Klipsch Lascala for about six months and enjoyed a lot.

I second or third the Spec 1 and 2s, and the Khorns, and I think my Mitsubishi DA-10DC is pretty special too!

I would like to nominate the ESS AMT 1aM towers and the B&O 4002 turntable.

The ESS, because these are still world class speakers with the capability to be bi amped and active crossover. The AMT was a game changer for ESS, and us audio enthusiasts.

The 1974 B&O 4002 linear tracking turntable was also a game changer. It was the second generation linear tracking turntable from B&O which made major improvements over the original one, and who else was making linear tracking turntables? This unit is pure electro-mechanical art in action with no computer chips in it! A thing of beauty and style with quality being right up there. Watching one in action is a pleasure! And...one is featured in the original 1978 movie Dawn of the Dead

IMG_3889.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom