Stereo solutions to appease a not so understanding spouse

Looks good. It can be fun to redo a basement. I did that once and it was my favorite place in the house. Fireplace, stereo, home theater, shuffleboard table, etc.

That's the spirit, leave her upstairs... she doesn't have a say in what happens in the basement.

If you have a walkout, you can get other women and liquor down there easily.

LOL....... : o

Difficult for me to pull off ... as the "party place" is the garage... she uses it regularly...

I had that problem amongst others...gotta new wife. She buys me records and CDs etc etc. She just gave me a cheque to get a Bluesound Node 2 for an early Christmas pressy because my SB3 cratered.

I went through this same issue with my wife. I have a ton of equipment and she hated all of it. My solution was to convert our detached garage into my man cave. Downside is I lost my work area and storage for my Harley. Upside is my wife leaves me alone about it now. I insulated the walls, ran more power and dry-walled it. Cut a hole in the wall for a large AC unit because it gets triple digits here in SoCal. Installed a 120" screen, projector, 7.2 surround, audio cabinet and desk with my tube gear plus another set of speakers and sub for stereo listening. Worked for me.

I am blessed my wife supports my audio passion . My wife's son moved to Georgia . This last week we went to visit him . My wife bought my an early birthday present a Room Play Reference Session at Jim Smiths home . It was a enlightening experience .

I went through this same issue with my wife. I have a ton of equipment and she hated all of it. My solution was to convert our detached garage into my man cave. Downside is I lost my work area and storage for my Harley. Upside is my wife leaves me alone about it now. I insulated the walls, ran more power and dry-walled it. Cut a hole in the wall for a large AC unit because it gets triple digits here in SoCal. Installed a 120" screen, projector, 7.2 surround, audio cabinet and desk with my tube gear plus another set of speakers and sub for stereo listening. Worked for me.
I'd say you should be able to park the Harley in the living room. :D

I am blessed my wife supports my audio passion . My wife's son moved to Georgia . This last week we went to visit him . My wife bought my an early birthday present a Room Play Reference Session at Jim Smiths home . It was a enlightening experience .
Very very nice birthday present. Superior in many ways to the typical clothing nd so forth gifts that last maybe 5 years. That info from Jim is worth a lifetime---how many gifts can make that claim?

Sounds awesome. Can u share some pics of this slice of heaven you've created for yourself?

Wow. Surprised people are still referencing my original post on this. This issue was resolved long ago, new home, new stereo equipment, and I now have listening areas in the house and detached garage. My wife always understood how much music means to me, and we put our heads together to come up with a workable solution, which is how it should be in a healthy marriage, and I didn't have to give up a thing!

Back
Top Bottom