Infinity Monitor II speakers thoughts.

I saw that, but does not give dimensions of the flange. Also thought of that, but would like a matched pair.

By the way, one of the original WTL sold on the bay a few days ago for $95. Seller claimed it was functional, but it looked like it had original foam. Was tempted.

Got the woofers refoamed, but now there is another issue. The Infinity recommended woofers #902-1187 are slightly larger than the openings. You can see all the drill holes the previous owner put trying to line them up. See the gap in the one I put back in. I'll have to figure a way to brace & level them so I can get a good seal.

IMG_1102.JPG IMG_1103.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw those. The originals for the Monitor II's were doped black. There is a single on on the bay at the moment. I'm going to try and get these to fit before buying more. Still need to get the Walsh tweeters going. And I got a crossover off the bay to swap out to get the one midrange playing. But the seller did not package it well, some of the caps were busted off the glue on the board and the wires had been cut, he did not mention that. I'll use it to replace the parts need, once I track them down.

Last edited:
Just measured them, Hole is 12 3/16th". The woofers are 12 1/4"

Last edited:
just picked up a pair of JBL 62T speakers with JBL 022TI Titanium Dome tweeters for $20. Look to be about the right size except for the longer flange. I can point that to the back if everything else fits the hole. Or I can sell them and get the Dayton Audio tweeters. Which would you do? :)

Last edited:
Got the mid cap re-soldered. Went to HD and bought some 3/4x1/2" foam. Ran it around the woofer opening lip. It held the woofer up as I put the screws in and got it pretty much level. Also helped to seal it. Happy. Got to do the other woofer and then on to the Walsh tweets.

IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1113.JPG IMG_1116.JPG

While I was in there I checked both crossovers. Both had caps where the putty holding them to the board had come loose. So I re-glued these.

Got them back together and been playing them this evening. With quasi-Walsh tweeters. Not bad. I'll hook them into my main system this weekend. Need to decide how to proceed with the Walshes and still some minor cosmetics need attention. The risers are in poor shape, ether have to re-glue them (Black vinyl over pressboard) or build new, better ones.

IMG_1117.JPG IMG_1122.JPG IMG_1118.JPG IMG_1121.JPG

Last edited:
Nice looking speakers.
Worth what you paid for sure.
Woofers *look* like later model Infinity, mid range also kind of *looks like* later model Infinity.
Or maybe a Parts-express or Orange Co. replacement midrange?
Lower range tweeter and Walsh look original.

The woofers aren't original. All of the Monitor series had CTS woofers with black paper doped cones. The midrange drivers are original. They were used on the original Monitor and the Monitor II and were replaced on the Monitor IIa with an open dome driver rather than the caged one of the earlier models.

Not original, but they are the Infinity recommended substitute. But they are just slightly larger than the cut out

Got the Dayton tweeters ordered. Should be here in a few days. Will post pics. At this time I just can't see dropping another $300 on these speakers. Maybe one day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom