Pioneer SX-1500TD reciever help

Found 1 bad transistor so far. One of the 2sc497 on the OUT 1 side. Still working on taking the others out. Nice and easy. I see the 2sa497 is a PNP transistor it is good. I'll be getting new ones anyway. More to come..

Hope you get it running. On mine the preamp barely makes sound, so i just use the amp side. Still has teh robust pioneer sound. And in my opinion it has a better sound then the M70 yamaha i use in the main system. but i like em all any ways...:)

It's an idle current adjustment. If the idle current isn't within a certain range the wire is cut, removing the short across another resistor that is part of the idle current circuit.
just want to correct you on this mark . the wires are actually test points for setting the bias .have had one in front of me for a few days now .

Its always nice when a thread turns out like this. It seems as if there are more on AK than less. You know, the ones that end without any clue if it was ever fixed. I guess I just do not get why folks ask for help then others come to help then....Nothing ..Whats up with that ?

Its always nice when a thread turns out like this. It seems as if there are more on AK than less. You know, the ones that end without any clue if it was ever fixed. I guess I just do not get why folks ask for help then others come to help then....Nothing ..Whats up with that ?

Mate, I was just thinking the exact same thing.
I thought I'd have some pop corn and read this thread in it's entirerty.
The guy gets half way there and then poooft !
He dissapears on us. :yikes:

Last edited:
Got your PM Awesomeaudio, glad to give me a kick start on the ole SX-1500TD its was put a side as other things have come up but still intact on the shelf. I have to get those 2 transistors and start from there again. Sorry to leave everyone hanging. At the time I was working on this project I remember there was some bad weather and time got away. I'll start up again soon.

just a word on this amp the pcb needs to be in its place for testing and all grounds connected .i tried extending the wires to work on one and it wouldn't play nicely with me .

I bought a SX-1500TD and the owner said that it it powered up but no sound.

Got it home and played it for a while to check it out, with speaker wires stuck in the speaker jacks.

I got the left speaker to work but no sound from right speaker. So I did a total deoxit and gold treatment hoping that's all it needs.

Finished up and still no sound from right speaker, and no sound at all from headset.

Could you help in guiding me in the right direction to start troubleshooting the problem with the right speaker and the headset not working. Eventually I want to do and entire recap, after I get the problems fixed.

Here are some pictures.
Hey, on your pic 005 what is the cap that is on pin 2 of the W13-026 board? And does it connect to pin 3 of W18-026? What one is the positive leg?
Thanks,
James

Sorry, I thought my reply would also bring the photos. Here is the pic that was posted, I doctored it up with my notes. That cap appears to be going from pin 2 to pin 3 my stereo is missing the cap so I need to replace it
Thanks,
James66E770BD-1D5A-4238-BF9B-C23D2C59C3FF.jpeg

Sorry, I thought my reply would also bring the photos. Here is the pic that was posted, I doctored it up with my notes. That cap appears to be going from pin 2 to pin 3 my stereo is missing the cap so I need to replace it
Thanks,
JamesView attachment 1015196
I just saw this message. Sorry I've been out of the loop.
It looks like a filter for ground on the tuner board.
I've been refurbishing this model and I'm working on my 6th.
Because I don't have the equipment to adjust the tuner section I don't mess with it other than adjustments to the meters.

Back
Top Bottom