SANSUII BA-3000 PROBLEMS

This off 2508 #2 and you tested on pins 1 & 3 on TM-05 or all the way on the 2507 side of 2512 ?

What I understood was this
Mike you said this...
TR-05 Emitter is +67.6 VDC. TR-10 Collector is -67.6 VDC. Voltage drop across ZD-01 is 14.62 VDC.
THEN
"The big caps were +62. 6 VDC and -62.4 VDC.
The 65 volt section was +67.7 VDC on pin 3 and -62.5 VDC. "

What you and I need to KNOW is all the voltages make it to the 2507 correctly.
I want these amps to sing for you without smoke escaping.
It is critical that we come to an understanding how this amp works, where to test & how to test.

We did 3 full pages on this thread chasing something that in all probability was working.
So I will be PAINFULLY precise from here on out

Yes, the -62.5 VDC came off of the pin marked -60 on the 2512 board just like all of the negative voltages I have taken since the beginning of this thread. I never had any idea that you wanted these voltages taken from anywhere other than here until you started specifying other points/pins that you wanted the voltage reading taken. Like I already said, if you will be sure to let me know where you want a specific voltage taken from, I will do that.

Take a sharpie and mark the +/- 65 points on the 2507 side of 2512 AND TM-05
Just because it isn't silkscreened doesn't make these points wrong.

Active test
Ok same test on 2508 #1
55 watt dbt
as close to 100 volts as possible @ amp
the LABELED +/- 60 on the 2512 is now called BIG CAP
give me the
Big cap
+/- 85
+/- 65
+/- 35

I assume protection is still working and ~ 5 sec protect goes green?

Take a sharpie and mark the +/- 65 points on the 2507 side of 2512 AND TM-05
Just because it isn't silkscreened doesn't make these points wrong.

Mike, I never said any reading you have asked for that isn't silk screened is wrong. Why would you even say that? I have warned you to not assume that I will always understand your requests and that you need to remember that. Like you told me once, more or less, I'm not looking over your shoulder, I am NOT in your mind, and I don't have the experience you obviously have working on this amp. You know and understand things that I don't and believe it or not, I know a whole hell of a lot that you don't know so let's cut the crap.

You know Mike I have spent ALOT of time with you on this, when everyone else stated to take it in & have it restored. Both these amps are basket cases and to be completely honest, I assumed you had tech ability that was higher then what I am experiencing. So those are my bad. I'm 2000 miles away getting marginal info trying to guide you thru an amp that is it's earliest version. So please lets cut the crap... it is up to you to stop and ask questions if you don't get something. I have to get you to up your game a bit. and I am TRYING to teach you, so buy the time we are on #2 amp it will be MUCH SMOOTHER & faster, You are welcome for the 50 pages....We will pick this up tomorrow, because honestly I'm a bit frustrated.

Sorry pppoffice.

But I think you are unfair to Vigman.

He's been trying to help you ,and he he's done that for 50 pages.

I've been working hard the last two months and every night or every morning I get to check on this thread there are some more pages written by two old guys , that they communicate through this forum and synchronize to fix a couple of amps. You had a nice synergy. Why you go south and blow this? Perhaps Mike's(vigman;s) way of expressing is a bit different than yours and might make you feel a bit dumb. But he is trying to help. Well at least this is what I see. You don't have to be rude and end a thread just because you felt insulted . Even if you are , which obviously you are , you can make it clear , so he will not do it again. He is trying to help you . Don't be disgratefull. This might sound a bit funny but it's the only word that comes into my mind right know.
Think again , calmly. You are wrong at the present. This is how I see it.
Just my two sents.

Back
Top Bottom