Boise, Idaho

Thanks for the welcome!!

The meet sounds great, I'll be there. I have a friend who will join me, he knows about the site but I'm not sure if he has an account. A little more about me:

Vintage gear:
Technics SA-400 Receiver
Panasonic RD-3500 Turntable
Wharfedale W70D speakers
Realistic Nova 6 speakers
Jamo E870 speakers

Shit-ton of used classical vinyl, slowly building up a little jazz and rock.

Nice gear RayN! Your friend is welcome to come. I am working frantically to clean out my work/storage area for the meet. I have a shit-ton a gear that I am giving away or fitting into all the nooks and crannies so we will have room to lay out some equipment. Should be fun. If there are any others in the Boise area that want to attend PM me for the address.

Hi! Heard about the meetup from RayN, I will try and join. Long time lurker, have an assortment of vintage gear spread across my home, office, and garage. My active setup is:

Music:
Tandberg TR-2045
Technics SL-1100
A/D/S L730

Video:
Marantz SR-780
Paradigm mini-monitors (from the Stereo Shoppe here in Boise, circa 2000)

And various old Pioneer receivers in my office and garage...

Just a note -
I figure this will run from 1:00 to 4:00 and longer if needed.
I will have some chips, bottled water and some other soft drinks available.
Feel free to bring beer if you want.
The shop/storage is 21 X 30 so we should have enough space to listen to music and shoot the breeze. Nothing fancy!
I'll have a CD player and turntable ready if you want to bring some favorite music.
Should be fun.
See you there!
Monte

Hey guys, thanks for the meetup on Sunday, had a great time. I completely forgot to ask - are any of you jukebox owners? I have an AMI/Rowe R-91 (holds 100 45's) - it's currently in good working condition, but would be nice to know if there are any other jukebox guys out there to bounce ideas off of in the future...

I sure love my jukebox, I'm fortunate my wife lets me keep a wood-paneled man-cave at the back of the house. All I've had to do to it so far is to replace lamps and ballasts and generally clean it up - but will be doing a bit of maintenance on the turntable this winter.

Say - one more question - I am in search of a nice old, vintage all-in one with a turntable - something that is decent and won't destroy my records. Looks are critical, it's for my wife's sitting room. I made the huge mistake of buying her a pink Crosley suitcase turntable a few years ago, and now she won't let me get rid of it. But, a nice small integrated turntable/receiver that looks great might do it - preferably something that looks "mid-century-ish". I think I recall that one of you had one you were considering parting with - maybe @Drugolf ? If anyone has something that might fit the bill, and you're looking to move it, please let me know!

How about this cool looking KLH?1002161553_resized.jpg 1002161553a_resized.jpg
no tuner but it has an Aux as well as tape in so you could add a Chromecast audio dongle or bluetooth receiver to it and she can use her phone as a source, or connect whatever.
I've got some smaller KLH speakers that go with it.

Yes, that's the one - I am VERY interested in that KLH. No need for a tuner, that should fit the bill. Maybe I could run out and have a look soon? This weekend? I'll PM you...Thanks!

Hey guys, thanks for the meetup on Sunday, had a great time. I completely forgot to ask - are any of you jukebox owners? I have an AMI/Rowe R-91 (holds 100 45's) - it's currently in good working condition, but would be nice to know if there are any other jukebox guys out there to bounce ideas off of in the future...
I googled your jukebox and it looks freaking awesome! What a great way to store your 45's, and have a ton of fun with them at the same time!

Back
Top Bottom