Prayers for the Vegas shooting victims.

I read one news report saying he was "found dead" in his 32nd floor room at Mandalay Bay, yet others mention a SWAT team acting quickly to get to him.

The shots seemed like they went on for several minutes. They would stop, then start up again. Sickening to hear, in hindsight. Some of the videos out there, you can clearly hear the shots.

A previous poster did also, which might be overlooked, It just different opinions.

Now, lets hope the amount of hurt people does not rise, more...

Fixed it, sorry.

Agreed, please let all the injured recover at this point.

I started the speculation.

The sound is identical to a M60. 3 cans of ammo used before it stopped.

We're just wondering how this can happen; what can be done to prevent it ?

I’ve listened to the audio from down where the cabs stage. Both on head phones and on the stereo, I’m not going to mention what I think it is but I’m almost 100% sure he’s using some sort of cranking device to run that trigger on that particular gun.

The cyclic cadence, is not consistent like a full auto IMHO.

Regardless we’re all very sad that this has become part of our history now. This guy really planned this out and I don’t think he could have been stopped. I know it’s going to be hard for myself and many, many other people to feel comfortable on the strip. My hats off the Metro to put their lives on the line and really go after this guy. They did a great job getting there as fast as they could and in my opinion saved many more lives.

One officer passed away today, my heart goes out to all :(

Last edited:
My friends and colleagues and 1000+ global conference goers are currently at the Mandalay Bay. The conference for today have been canceled.

I stayed at the Mandalay Bay for another conference couple months ago and didn't go to this one. Made my stomach sick when I first saw the video last night.

Sending prayers, well wishes and anything possible to all the people.

I’ve listened to the audio from down where the cabs stage. Both on head phones and on the stereo, I’m not going to mention what I think it is but I’m almost 100% sure he’s using some sort of cranking device to run that trigger on that particular gun.

The cyclic cadence, is not consistent like a full auto IMHO.

Regardless we’re all very sad that this has become part of our history now. This guy really planned this out and I don’t think he could have been stopped. I know it’s going to be hard for myself and many, many other people to feel comfortable on the strip. My hats off the Metro to put their lives on the line and really go after this guy. They did a great job getting there as fast as they could and in my opinion saved many more lives.

One officer passed away today, my heart goes out to all :(

I too noticed the rate of fire changing at times. I've been told belt fed weapons could also have varying rates of fire.

I too noticed the rate of fire changing at times. I've been told belt fed weapons could also have varying rates of fire.
Bump fire stock. Less than $100, made to fit most semi-autos. Perfectly legal. You can see them on youtube.

I started the speculation.

The sound is identical to a M60. 3 cans of ammo used before it stopped.

We're just wondering how this can happen; what can be done to prevent it ?
There has been mass murders committed throughout history, ever since there were tools to use to make it happen.
What can be done? I cannot think of anything that would be effective at this point.
Silence for those who were gunned down so brutally.

Bump fire stock. Less than $100, made to fit most semi-autos. Perfectly legal. You can see them on youtube.

I have one, rate of fire doesn't vary noticeably on mine, it's also not that reliable, especially with drum mags which would be required to burst as long as the videos show.

My nephew's wife got shot in the hand. She is having surgery today. So thankful it is minor in comparison to others.:(

Last edited:
I was at work at 5am my wife phones me and tell me she got shot in the head!!!! MY GOD.
I come rushing home from work and start packing to go to Vegas. Two hours later I finally get ahold of my nephew and he tells me it was right hand.
Then I hear another guy at work, his wife's friend son got killed.

I was at work at 5am my wife phones me and tell me she got shot in the head!!!! MY GOD.
I come rushing home from work and start packing to go to Vegas. Two hours later I finally get ahold of my nephew and he tells me it was right hand.
Then I hear another guy at work, his wife's friend son got killed.
God bless you and your family through this situation!

I have one, rate of fire doesn't vary noticeably on mine, it's also not that reliable, especially with drum mags which would be required to burst as long as the videos show.
Newscast said the police confirmed the some of the rifles were legal semi-automatics with "firing assist attachments".

Newscast said the police confirmed the some of the rifles were legal semi-automatics with "firing assist attachments".

Still, no confirmation it was the one used. Details are still being confirmed, and witnesses are still saying multiple shooters, and shots fired an hour apart.

I did a search and didn't find this thread and another AK'er pointed to me that there is a thread.

The most Evil, hateful and depraved act of violence is perpetrated against great Americans.

Its a terrible day in America's history.

Most of the media and others having no regard for those that perished and pushing their political agenda.

Horrible!

God be with all of those families who lost their loved ones and God heal all of those who need healing.

God help us!

Steve

On another note, my phone and facebook got bombed by people I haven't heard from in years, some over a decade. It was unlikely for a local to be out on the strip that late on a Sunday night, unless they were working.

CNN seems to have pulled a strange video interview;

A young woman was describing an incident that took place 45 minutes prior to the shooting.

She stated that a couple, a man and a woman, had elbowed their way to the front of the venue and were causing a scene. She said the couple appeared to be latino, very short in stature, and they kept saying that everyone at the show was going to be killed "tonight".

There was a man with the woman being interviewed, he was corroborating what she said.

They both said the couple was ejected by security workers.

Weirdness. I can't find the video now.

Back
Top Bottom