Should the U.S. dump the Penny?

Should the U.S. dump the penny?

• Yes

Votes: 43 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 32.8%

• Total voters
Let's get rid of all the coins...instead of rounding up to the next dollar, we'll round down to the last dollar.

I should run for president.

:idea:

Funny I was thinking the same thing

Do you think Big EC would make a good president?

Actually i was thinking i should run for president:D
No knock on EC:rolleyes:

I'd have voted for either one-a-ya over the choices we had last time. Obviously, though, it should be me.

bitcoin-logo-3d.jpg

What ever happened to common sense?:confused: Many never had any to begin with, so had no chance to spend them.

Q

My only problem with getting rid of the penny is the price of everything automatically being rounded up to the nearest $0.05. If it was rounded down instead, you can bet that every single store out there would want to keep the penny forever. Doesn't matter if the consumer is the one who has to pay more though, right?

I always pick up pennies. I was told at an early age that finding a penny is good luck. I found one a couple of weeks ago in the parking lot where I work. You can't have too much good luck IMHO.

I've made lucky pennies from time to time.

Could use a few back...

My only problem with getting rid of the penny is the price of everything automatically being rounded up to the nearest $0.05. If it was rounded down instead, you can bet that every single store out there would want to keep the penny forever. Doesn't matter if the consumer is the one who has to pay more though, right?
Or, maybe just do the round down/up thing like Canada.
$1.01 or $1.02 is $1.00, $1.03 or $1.04 is $1.05.
It's not that big of a deal. I mean seriously, how many purchases a day, or month, would it take to make this something worth worrying about?
I haven't done the math for my purchases, but I'm guessing it's pretty close to averaging out.

There's one shop here where the guy has already started his own phasing out of the nickle, and sometimes the dime, lol.

And soon he will phase himself out of the market.
Over nickles?
Nah, it's a liquor store. A $34.95 case of beer is the same as a $35.00 one, or a $35.05 one, to me.
And to him. It's just his version of the take a penny/leave a penny jar. Except the annoyance of a bunch of pennies has been removed. And now nickles, which honestly I'd be fine with moving along down the road.

Back
Top Bottom