How much have you invested in your audio set up? Show photos.

Now need to find the album on LP.
As soon as I seen this
dit: wow that is not an entry level LP. Found one on the auction site for $139 and it went up from there.
I knew I'd see this LOL

She was not cutting any records, so all here stuff on vinyl is in the expensive Audiophile world. Classic Records went out of business and so the titles they did are out of print. Acoustic Sounds bought Classic Records and also is doing some of her titles at 45speed 200g records at around $50 a record also SACD Flac.
http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&searchtext=Sarah+McLachlan

Hahahaha. Went down a bit of a rabbit hole with female vocalists and have found they are all crazy expensive on LP:

Eva Cassidy - Nightbird

Not Sarah McLachlan pricing but still $60+

My wife, just the other night, asked this very question. Luckily, she only asked about the living room system.

No, I didn't lie, but it was a bit of a revelation. And no. I'm not tell you all. I'm glad the ht and music room weren't brought into the discussion.

But this is AK where the 70's rule

View attachment 1015935

c042.gif

I'm new, so it's not too much.

Denon AVRS510BT $180
4x Mirage Nanosat Prestige and a Mirage Omnisat CC $99
BIC RTR EV1200 $200
Sounds quite good to me for a system under $500.

I'm proud of how cheap my system is.

Living Room
Harmon Kardon AVR3600 - $300
DIY Zaph ZA5.3 L&R / ZA5.3c center / ZA5.2 rears - $1000 in parts all in (I love these speakers! https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/mtm-speaker-kits/zaph|audio-za5.3-mtm-pair/)
DIY Dayton 12" sub & amp, $350 parts (blew the amp 10 minutes ago...no joke...)
$1650 Total

DCM TF-2000 yardsale $250 after refurb
Harmon Kardon HK3360 yardsale $25
$275 Total

http://lot-o-nothin.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/thickbox/20150707_220417_0.jpg
20150707_220417_0.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah Eva is really good also and that album is Songbirds, I love female vocals.

Something else you might like and it's on vinyl as well as other albums of hers.

Far king h...

That's another absolute pearler! That middle eastern drone is sublime. You're a bad influence!

OK fellas, as a single man, i'll take the hit for what the wife might find,,
I'm no minimalist. I'm Oscar Madison with wires and cables everywhere, screws in the wall and the house electrical system probably overloaded at peak hrs.
Just about EVERYTHING is used, and needed some kind of minor fix (except a newish little dot dac and tube amp). All works fine and on a budget, with just a coffe table and back porch for a shop. God i'd love a shop or garage!
In just a few-5 years on $12 an hr in a very small place so everything would surely less than a single, used Luxman SACD player.

I want to personally thank every AK-er for this addiction and endless hrs of reading and getting ideas what to waste more $$ on :crazy:
The Main, which is undergoing constant revision #294 this week:
main.jpg
The couch/shelf kit, because even only 8 feet away, Oscar Madison has many times he's not going to get off the couch except to change a record.
shelf.jpg
The bedroom, because even single guys sleep in the bed from time to time when the clean landry isn;t piled on it.
bdrm.jpg
And speakers. Gotta have speakers..... chump change for any of it scored cheaply.
spkr lt.jpg
And parts storage, which there is none here... various drivers in waiting.
closet.jpg
A extra Dual 721 Denon AVR and Imelda Marcos shoe collection, which there is no room elsewhere for, so in the Living/Sound Room of course.
lvng room storage.jpg
There will be a mass selloff someday, despite the Madisonian proclivities, and just hope to break even..
AK DID this to me I tell ya your Honor!! :rolleyes:

If you don't have a picture, please include your exact geographical coordinates, and a schedule of your daily routine.
Thanks!

I was going to say "make sure that no one knows where you live before posting about expensive audio equipment in an open forum", but you did it for me.

Cheers,
James

Some day I plan to create a list for my wife as a guide when I'm gone or no longer able to give a damn. I told her I'll list what I paid and give a guide to what each item is worth today as help for selling off what she doesn't want to keep. Until then . . . I have no idea of a total I paid, or what it's worth.

I'm 64 and have had JBLs in my house since I was 4-years-old. Still have that one . . . and now well over a dozen other pairs plus some other brands. To my original Crown amp purchased in 1971 I've added another dozen-or-more Crown amps, pre-amps, crossovers, and tuners. I purchased my original Soundcraftsmen Pre-EQ around 1976 and still have that one and probably a dozen other SC components including pre-EQ, pre, pre-tuner, EQ, and amps. I also still own my Nakamichi Dragon cassette purchased new (my wife was there at the time), and I have five turntables (dumped my first Thorens decades ago), Tandberg cassette, Adcom systems, some Rotel stuff purchased at a yard sale, and more I've likely tucked away that will re-surface next year when we move.

Interesting topic but I'm sure for every one of us who won't answer the question on purpose there are probably three others who can't even hazard a guess. And the rest are too busy listening to the music!

Hahahaha. Went down a bit of a rabbit hole with female vocalists and have found they are all crazy expensive on LP:

If you have not heard of Rhiannon Giddens
Fairly new artist started as (Carolina Chocolate Drops) then she started to separate
Rhiannon Giddens and the Carolina Chocolate Drops
Now just Rhiannon Giddens

If you have not heard of Rhiannon Giddens
Fairly new artist started as (Carolina Chocolate Drops) then she started to separate
Rhiannon Giddens and the Carolina Chocolate Drops
Now just Rhiannon Giddens

Never heard of her, but it is compelling music. I really like it, thanks.
Streaming via Tidal now.

Back
Top Bottom