JBL 4343 speakers

Omegaman

Ultra Super Member
Subscriber
My neighbor is doing some crazy renovation to his house next door. He is building an underground bunker type storage which requires pulling a lot of dirt out

I went over, being Mr. Friendly Neighbor and he showed me what was going on

Then we went into his back patio area and I saw these
DSC06818.JPG DSC06819.JPG

Inverted center cone
DSC06821.JPG DSC06823.JPG DSC06824.JPG DSC06827.JPG

I told him of my love of vintage audio
He said I could have them....His wife didn't like them, his wife didn't like them, his wife didn't like them! What magical words!

The covers are there too...

Last edited:
how did you cover up the theft?

Congrats on what will probably be the biggest score of your life!

So, I wonder, did the original 4343 (not the'b' variant) have the lenses? These seem to be missing

Surrounds on all the drivers need replacing

Its a construction zone over there, he used a leaf blower to blow the initial dirt off them

First thing is to get them over here and out of the no-mans land where they are now

Then open a music studio/Japanese Jazz coffee house

Last edited:
Effen-A!!
So what's the plan for the grey cab-black baffle speaker? Strip and refinish the veneer and paint the baffle or leave it as is? Great project no matter what you do!

Yeah... It's kind of a dilemma now after a few beers

Huge speakers worth 10's of dollars
In need of love, care and about $1k in fixer uppers from a legitimate service facility
Only to eventually end up in a Tokyo suburb

I'm sure the speakers found me in order to save and restore their electronic lives. Its true Audio Karma

If I didn't already have EV-Six speakers and Altec model 14's and those University classic dual 12's
What is it with me and big speakers? Some primal maternal deficit I imagine

Well, I have to wait till this weekend before they can get the back loader out of the way and the path cleared for the hand cart to tote them out and next door to their new oasis from construction, my carport

Honey, I need to tell you something... naw that's too weak
Honey, Listen up... naw to hostile
Honey, remember when you said my happiness was upmost in your mind...well you did...oh never mind
What those?.. I've had them for years
.. yeah, that's the ticket

Last edited:
Listen,

Have a few more beers. I'll be traveling through AZ next weekend and I'll be glad to swing by and save you the trouble of restoring them. :D:bigok:

Again, Congrats on what is sure to be a fun journey!

Honey, I need to tell you something... naw that's too weak
Honey, Listen up... naw to hostile
Honey, remember when you said my happiness was upmost in your mind...well you did...oh never mind
What those?.. I've had them for years
.. yeah, that's the ticket

How about, "Honey, you know that retirement fund you were worried about??? A small investment now will pay big dividends in the future."

Back
Top Bottom