Winter is coming

patate91

Is there any Aker preparing for the upcoming winter?

Here in northern Quebec winter is
Very cold : -30 -35 is commun
Very long : some people say that there's only two seasons : The last winter and the next winter.
And there's a lot of snow : we can barely see house from the street.

Winter car shelter, garden preparation, tire change, snowblower maintenance, small trees covering, plastic films on interior windows, etc. There's a lot to do each year.

Winter means no more big DIY audio project, but it's a good time for music listening. With a good strong beer like an American Barleywine it's perfect.

We don't have THAT much winter down here but it can be very changeable - cold, warm, dry, wet, snow, ice, you name it. Sometimes all in the same week.

I burn wood and this year I have not split my big fat wood chunks yet. Oh, they're dry, stacked under cover for at least a year or even two, but I need to rent the splitter for a weekend. Then a lot of hauling and stacking.

Also my half of the garage looks like a bomb went off in a thrift store. :biggrin: Gotta get that tidied up so I can get the car in.

But it's still 70-80F here so we're not rolling up the sidewalks just yet.

Like I said you have to live here to know what real Winter is like.I have been through 69 of them and it's no Picnic that's for sure:)

Of course I'm planning, it happens every year ;-)
2+ cords of firewood are ready to burn. Woodstove and chimney will be cleaned in the coming weeks. Boiler was cleaned and serviced a few weeks ago. Oil tank was filled last month. Here in Southern Maine -15F is not unheard of. In my 31 years here I've seen -20F once or twice. That's f-n cold. 0 to -10 is more typical, still cold! Snowfall has definitely increased in recent years. Having 3' or more on the ground is becoming normal. Being 8 miles from the ocean that is no mean feat due to the mitigating marine affect.

2+ cords of firewood are ready to burn. Woodstove and chimney will be cleaned in the coming weeks. Boiler was cleaned and serviced a few weeks ago. Oil tank was filled last month. Here in Southern Maine -15F is not unheard of. In my 31 years here I've seen -20F once or twice. That's f-n cold. 0 to -10 is more typical, still cold! Snowfall has definitely increased in recent years. Having 3' or more on the ground is becoming normal. Being 8 miles from the ocean that is no mean feat due to the mitigating marine affect.

I really want to visit main : good IPA, raw milk, meat at the farm, ocean's near, etc. Seems to be a very nice place for a trip

3' of snow that's a lot!

Back
Top Bottom