Did you ever have a dream so vivid, you could not be sure if it was real?

jcamero

Who are you people anyway?
I've had several, I'd really not wish to share, but they really bothered me to the point I had to verify if did/did not happen.

A few over time, one was a bad dream so woke up feeling very disturbed, but quickly rationalised things and was OK again.

Just the brain processing the thoughts and events of the day, house cleaning...but there is a lot of rubbish to be dealt with at times :)

Interesting lump of meat that brain of ours :cool:

Last edited:
I've had a few. The most impactful dreams, though, were a couple that my wife had when she was pregnant. She woke up one morning mad at me...for what I'd done in her dream. She knew it was a dream, but she stayed peeved at me for half the day it seemed.

I've had some really good dreams that were vivid and helpful. Jerry Garcia showed up one night during a really stressful time and told me "It's all gonna be ok!" and it was.

Nicotine patches while I had them on caused vivid dreams, the benign ones were interesting but bad ones not a nice time.
Edit: may have been the withdrawal process that was the actual trigger, not sure.

Nicotine patches while I had them on caused vivid dreams, the benign ones were interesting but bad ones not a nice time.
Edit: may have been the withdrawal process that was the actual trigger, not sure.
Nope. The patch is known for this; a sister of a close friend that got cancer used patches and had night terrors until she gave it up - I think she switched to gum.

As for me, I recall dreaming of pancakes once and continued to smell them minutes after I woke up.

Weird.

You've got me wondering if I just posted this or not ... :idea:

(Then again, might be the Norco ...) :D

Nope. The patch is known for this; a sister of a close friend that got cancer used patches and had night terrors until she gave it up - I think she switched to gum.

As for me, I recall dreaming of pancakes once and continued to smell them minutes after I woke up.

Weird.
I think you are correct

Yup! a bad dream on patches can be terrifying as i experienced too.

Pancakes........mmm yum! damn have a craving for some now :cool:

I was violently beaten and killed in the latest vivid dream all from an outside perspective (watching it happen a few feet away) some dudes just started kicking my ass and beating me for no reason outside of what I believe my brain was trying to make out to be an Albertsons food market. It took a couple days to start feeling normal again.

Last edited:
Once upon a time, I dreamt that I kicked the back door of a police cruser shut on a suspect's leg (who was trying to get out of the back seat), and was promptly woken up by Mrs. Jedidude moaning with a painful thigh. Once I stopped laughing (before she returned the favour), I managed to explain what happened.

Back when younger (oh the memories) when I was heavily into MA training I would have dreams of fighting, always against more than one very large faceless individuals, but no matter what i did to them it had no effect! Frustrating dreams those ones were :confused:

Edit: some interesting posts here, good fun topic.

A few over time, one was a bad dream so woke up feeling very disturbed, but quickly rationalised things and was OK again.

Just the brain processing the thoughts and events of the day, house cleaning...but there is a lot of rubbish to be dealt with at times :)

Interesting lump of meat that brain of ours :cool:
True Dat!

I have had numerous flying dreams that were wonderful. I'd just jump up and I was flying unaided. Wonderful. Before my Dad died, I had a dream that he walked out of his bedroom, collapsed and died in my arms. It took me hours, after awakening, before I could shake it off. I realized, some years later, when my Father died, that this dream was meant to prepare me for the occurrence. It helped me cope immensely.

I have had on a few occasions, Deja Vue in my dreams

They say dreams are the multi-universe "other you" actual events bleeding through

Back
Top Bottom