Todays METAL playlist

I will tell John NOB was mentioned here, good to see other fans. I have know John for about 30 years now and was asked to try out for Fates when I lived in Bristol but ended up having kids and moving back to NY. Funny that he lives here in the same town as me now about a mile or so away. It really is a small world in the music world

index.php
>>massive MK1 Fates Warning fan<<
So cool to see another copy! I've had mine since it was brand new.
The Ray Alder led Fates Warning leaves me cold. He's a fine singer but he doesn't have the soul of John Arch.
005.jpg

I will tell John NOB was mentioned here, good to see other fans. I have know John for about 30 years now and was asked to try out for Fates when I lived in Bristol but ended up having kids and moving back to NY. Funny that he lives here in the same town as me now about a mile or so away. It really is a small world in the music world
Are you referencing John Arch? If so please tell him on my behalf that he's a God....a down to earth god but a god nonetheless.
003.jpg

039.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

Last edited:
Just where the hell did this opening riff come from? I remember first hearing Cowboys......on release in 1990 and being absolutely blown away. At the time, from an old memory, there was absolutely nothing like this out there. The riff, the groove, the vocals. Absolutely started a style, IMO. 27 years on, it still sounds fresh......and relevant given the numerous clones out there. This is an ABSOLUTE classic album that all rock/metal/thrash fans should own. And this original copy pisses all over the remastered, 180 gram version I bought a few years back; it's just cleaner and more vibrant.

r2RdKee.jpg

Last edited:
Are you referencing John Arch? If so please tell him on my behalf that he's a God....a down to earth god but a god nonetheless.
003.jpg

039.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

John is down to earth and unopretentious. Did you know he works at Lego? Good to see he EP posted here also, Cheyenne is just and amazing tune

For you FW MK1 and Arch/Matheos fans, here ya go from a visit awhile back. He loved my Les Paul but only plays acoustic

LbIcBPv.jpg

When he brought his new bike over to show me

eTZWJKn.jpg

He is signing me Explorer before we went to the show at the Webster, Frank and Jim signed it after the show at the private party. That is his wife Jeannie who is getting licked to death by our dog Pouncy. After the show, the band went to Germany to headline the Keep It True Festival

Cv0T5ZL.jpg

The only FW mkII that I liked was No Exit. Just for The Ivory Gate of Dreams alone is all the reason you need to buy it. John even loved the record

Did you know John was originally going to be the singer of Dream Theater but instead chose to focus on family and instead gave vocal lessons to the eventual singer. Fates Waning and Dream Theater are a tightknit family so to speak

John is down to earth and unopretentious. Did you know he works at Lego? Good to see he EP posted here also, Cheyenne is just and amazing tune

For you FW MK1 and Arch/Matheos fans, here ya go from a visit awhile back. He loved my Les Paul but only plays acoustic

LbIcBPv.jpg

When he brought his new bike over to show me

eTZWJKn.jpg

He is signing me Explorer before we went to the show at the Webster, Frank and Jim signed it after the show at the private party. That is his wife Jeannie who is getting licked to death by our dog Pouncy. After the show, the band went to Germany to headline the Keep It True Festival

Cv0T5ZL.jpg

The only FW mkII that I liked was No Exit. Just for The Ivory Gate of Dreams alone is all the reason you need to buy it. John even loved the record

Did you know John was originally going to be the singer of Dream Theater but instead chose to focus on family and instead gave vocal lessons to the eventual singer. Fates Waning and Dream Theater are a tightknit family so to speak
I did know about the Dream Theater connection. I've heard the demo recording. John said that he had fallen out of vocal practice and that the whole thing was a debacle/train wreck. Had no idea that he was working for Lego or that he was living back east. Everything I'd read was that he was living in Colorado and building custom furniture...and occasionally shocking the music appreciating world with his vocal talents every decade or so.

Thanks for sharing the pics and the update on John. He's an absolute idol of mine. Has been since Night On Brocken. The boys in Fate Warning did him dirty when they tossed him out of the band. I know the story and it wasn't cool. Kudo's to John for putting his family first and running with Plan B. Looks like John's a lefty, all the more reason for me to like him. I see a copy of the Arch/Matheos cd next to the guitar.

Yeah, I've got No Exit. Rarely listen to it. I'll give a spin again someday soon.

Pouncey looks like a Pomeranian possibly. We've got a Pom as well. His name is Graham. He looks just like Dave Mustaine.
collage.jpg

I did know about the Dream Theater connection. I've heard the demo recording. John said that he had fallen out of vocal practice and that the whole thing was a debacle/train wreck. Had no idea that he was working for Lego or that he was living back east. Everything I'd read was that he was living in Colorado and building custom furniture...and occasionally shocking the music appreciating world with his vocal talents every decade or so.

Thanks for sharing the pics and the update on John. He's an absolute idol of mine. Has been since Night On Brocken. The boys in Fate Warning did him dirty when they tossed him out of the band. I know the story and it wasn't cool. Kudo's to John for putting his family first and running with Plan B. Looks like John's a lefty, all the more reason for me to like him. I see a copy of the Arch/Matheos cd next to the guitar.

Yeah, I've got No Exit. Rarely listen to it. I'll give a spin again someday soon.

Pouncey looks like a Pomeranian possibly. We've got a Pom as well. His name is Graham. He looks just like Dave Mustaine.
collage.jpg

Pouncy is a Papillion

John has lived here in Coventry for at least as long as I have (almost 20 years), prior he lived in East Hartford. He was building furniture at a place in Vernon (cabinet shop). He went to Lego for the much better benefits

Yeah, it was a dirty deal when John was forced out of the band, that was Jim's doing more then anything else. Jim was thinking of quitting the band for awhile as he wanted FW to go a certain direction, that direction has not gone all that great with Ray Aldur (except for No Exit IMO). I remember when John first mentioned the Arch/Matheos project to me and I wondered if Joey would be with them as that was up in the air. Thankfully, Frank and Jim live relatively close by. Frank's in Massachusetts (got married a few years ago) and Jim has always been in New Hampshire so practice was easy

I have quite a bit of FW and many autographed items as well

Want to see a rare one?

This is a special audiophile version that was pressed on 2 records instead of one and side 4 contains John's EP European release. 200 copies in orange vinyl and 500 in black vinyl.I got a couple copies of both versions from John. I have only opened one copy (black) which is autographed. Discogs shows both versions

O5DWZfJ.jpg

ddAFYpf.jpg

6EHulST.jpg

As for Dream Theater, John is a perfectionist with his voice, he is more critical of himself then any fan not to mention he did not want to travel constantly to California or relocate there. He worked very hard on his vocals and told me straight up it was not going to happen unless he had the voice control he wanted. Anyway, he accomplished what he wanted to and the Arch/Matheos lp was the result

Last edited:
Pouncy is a Papillion
John has lived here in Coventry for at least as long as I have (almost 20 years), prior he lived in East Hartford. He was building furniture at a place in Vernon (cabinet shop). He went to Lego for the much better benefits
Yeah, it was a dirty deal when John was forced out of the band, that was Jim's doing more then anything else. Jim was thinking of quitting the band for awhile as he wanted FW to go a certain direction, that direction has not gone all that great with Ray Aldur (except for No Exit IMO). I remember when John first mentioned the Arch/Matheos project to me and I wondered if Joey would be with them as that was up in the air. Thankfully, Frank and Jim live relatively close by. Frank's in Massachusetts (got married a few years ago) and Jim has always been in New Hampshire so practice was easy
I have quite a bit of FW and many autographed items as well
Want to see a rare one?
This is a special audiophile version that was pressed on 2 records instead of one and side 4 contains John's EP European release. 200 copies in orange vinyl and 500 in black vinyl.I got a couple copies of both versions from John. I have only opened one copy (black) which is autographed. Discogs shows both versions

O5DWZfJ.jpg

ddAFYpf.jpg

6EHulST.jpg

As for Dream Theater, John is a perfectionist with his voice, he is more critical of himself then any fan not to mention he did not want to travel constantly to California or relocate there. He worked very hard on his vocals and told me straight up it was not going to happen unless he had the voice control he wanted. Anyway, he accomplished what he wanted to and the Arch/Matheos lp was the result
OMG, Do I need one of those! Orange vinyl as well. Side D containing the Twist of Fate EP is to die for.
Don't ask me where I got the idea that John was living in Colorado.
This 1996 interview for a German Fanzine speaks volumes about his character and humility. Great guy.
http://fateswarning.com/1996/01/01/eternal-flame-john-arch-interview-1996/
His musical legacy should have been more and still can be. If he never recorded anything again he would still have an impressive resume with his three FW albums, his solo EP and the Arch/Matheos project. Hope he finds the time to renew that franchise and release more material.

Back
Top Bottom