Winter is coming

Fairbanks is the coldest by average at -16.Coldest ive ever been in was -54 in White River Ontario back in the early 80,s.Of note wr was the home of a black bear cub that was the inspiration for winnie the poo.Coldest there was -72f.

Fairbanks is the coldest by average at -16.Coldest ive ever been in was -54 in White River Ontario back in the early 80,s.Of note wr was the home of a black bear cub that was the inspiration for winnie the poo.Coldest there was -72f.
-72f, that'll make anyone's Winnie poo for sure! :oops:

Yes band formed in the peg in 65.

Actually the "Band" took the name then but had been around pre Guess who for 5-6 yrs without Butch Cummings in different stages and names with primarily Alan Gobeil AKA "Chad Allen" as lead singer.Chad did the vocals on "Shaking all over":)

Grew up in South Dakota and went to college in Minnesota. I moved to the Pacific Northwest in 88 and golfed on Christmas day, the first year out here. I knew I'd never go back and that was almost 30 years ago. Still the Pacific
Northwest has the rain ... relentless, day after day - no sun for weeks and about February/March my attitude really goes to shit. Yet, I am prepared. Just like the OP ... I have the house ready to go - lawnmower and tiller under cover. BBQ and my smoker are under a cover. Yard is mowed short - garden is tilled and all the yard debris is pretty much stashed. I have 3 cords of dry maple, cut, split, stacked and under a tarp. I'm down to the last audio project, tubes amps are swapped out and ready to fire up. The mancave is clean and my neon lights are ready to create the perfect atmosphere for doing nothing. My productivity is ready to fall off and the fridge is stocked with some great micro beers. I have a couple good books to read and you folks to keep me company.

Bring on old man winter!

I do not want to get into details - but cold weather, winter weather, frost etc, never ever made me depressive. But sultry summer heat does - the more it does the older I get.

Can't stand the heat either. This past summer it barely got to 70 for about 3 or 4 days, otherwise mid 50's to mid 60's. You get acclimatized to it and it is all tee shirt weather. Tell that to the passengers getting off the cruise ships, some of them dressed like it was winter! :rflmao:

I do not want to get into details - but cold weather, winter weather, frost etc, never ever made me depressive. But sultry summer heat does - the more it does the older I get.

What I don't like about winter are details : start the car 5 minutes before leaving, wake up 1 - 1 1/2 earlier to pass the snowblower, wiper blades always stuck in the windshield, higher electricity bills, dangerous road conditions, etc.

Thankfully we have north and south! I for one find the radical seasonal changes refreshing, and couldn't stand having basically one season year round.

Others can't stand the northern weather (some even dread and fear it) so it's all good and makes it much less populated the further north you go. Who I really feel sorry for are those who are stuck in the wrong latitude for whatever reason, be it a job/money, country of origin, or just hasn't figured it out where they belong yet.

Last sunday it was 96f in northern ontario up in sultan.I swear the partridges had sunglasses on and sunscreen! I had to take off my roof and windshield off the polaris ace it was so warm.I went swimming in a lake for the first time in 30 years just to cool down and get zestfully clean.Sorry that was 2 weeks ago then by saturday she dropped 50 degrees.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom