Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Yep,
Those are them.:)
I should have known they were cheap, since there were some many in this batch of old 45's.
14 cents a piece if you want to buy 100 at a time.
Live and learn.
You can't put a price on a good education, but life can be pretty quick to nickel and dime the lessons out of you sometimes :)

In most cases, the lesson is often worth the cost.

Denon DP30L direct drive tt.It has been at least three to four years since I found a decent thrift tt so I decided to pick this up.Appears to function correctly ,has a stylus and I don't know what cart is on it.Looks to be factory.$24.99.This is a heavy table.Also a Onkyo Integra A8170 int amp @80wpc.It functioned on testing with headphones then the speaker selector knob started spinning when worked.I don't think it will be a problem.Yard sale find @$20.

No more new gear!!! What did we tell each other! :p

My favorite Gleason cover is Lonesome Echo where Salvador Dali did the artwork.

il_fullxfull.327233944.jpg

My favorite Gleason cover is Lonesome Echo where Salvador Dali did the artwork.

I would like to find that one just to frame it! I currently have the cover for Jackie Gleason presents music, martinis, and memories hanging above the stereo in my bar / man cave area. Funny thing is that I've never really been a Jackie Gleason fan... But I love the album covers

I would like to find that one just to frame it! I currently have the cover for Jackie Gleason presents music, martinis, and memories hanging above the stereo in my bar / man cave area. Funny thing is that I've never really been a Jackie Gleason fan... But I love the album covers

It is a great cover. I've found a few copies over the years and I've sold them quickly because of the Dali artwork. Not a fan either, but the art won me over.

Picked up a pair of AR 38s speakers today at the GW outlet. I somehow managed to to walk right past them without seeing them until I was almost out of the store. After $15 and two trips via shopping cart, they were in my car. There are a few minor scratches on the cabinets and one of the badges is gone, but everything else seems to be in order. I plan to test them tonight after work. :cool:

BTW, I spied a pair of DCM Time Windows at another thrift store today, but didn't think I could justify the cost after already getting the AR's. They were a *bit* more than $15, in case inquiring minds would like to know more.

Stumbled across a Snell Basis 300 powered sub today at the pawn shop- it's apparently been there a while as they have it discounted down to $99. Should I? More importantly, how would it gel with my ADS L-880s?

Stumbled across a Snell Basis 300 powered sub today at the pawn shop- it's apparently been there a while as they have it discounted down to $99. Should I? More importantly, how would it gel with my ADS L-880s?

That sub had a $800 msrp, with pretty nice specs.

Frequency Response
26Hz-150Hz ± 3dB
-6dB at 23Hz
Maximum Output107 dB
Amplifier Power300 Watts
Internal Power Amplifier
Woofer10 - inch long excursion
treated paper cone and
cast aluminum basket

How you hook it up depends on the rest of your system. You can simply wire them directly into the amp on the same inputs as your speakers. Use the tape out on your receiver if you have one, into the rca jacks. Looks like you can connect source directly into it with rca, then use the rca output to your amp/receiver.
snell_basis_300_back.jpg

Back
Top Bottom