Remastered 2017 by Andy Pearce and Matt Wortham
002.jpg
003.jpg

Still catching up from yesterday...
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare 1970 - 1997
BMG Music - September 2017
2424/3000
Live at Pocono International Raceway, U.S.A, 8th July, 1972
When I first put this on, I though "Ho hum, just a rehash of their work..." Absolutely not. When i got to Tarkus, this sounds like a different score. Or different orchestration. Maybe improvisation? Anyway, to me, different from the studio recordings and other live releases...

index.php
An outstanding and unique performance start to finish. Especially the recording of Tarkus. It sounds like something done before the albums release rather a year afterwards. Truly demonstrates their ability to improvise. I used to think that they pretty much played everything the same from performance to performance, I'm realizing now that nothing could be farther from the truth.

An outstanding and unique performance start to finish. Especially the recording of Tarkus. It sounds like something done before the albums release rather a year afterwards. Truly demonstrates their ability to improvise. I used to think that they pretty much played everything the same from performance to performance, I'm realizing now that nothing could be farther from the truth.

Yes, this CD really brought that to my attention too. Can't wait to see if that holds true on the others.

And I agree with your earlier post about Greg's guitar playing. You can really hear his bass on most of these remasters.

And I listened to part of the Blu ray today. Just through the TV, but the alternate versions of some of the songs is similar to our thoughts on Pocono - huge difference in what you hear and what you think you "know".

I'm in ELP geek heaven. :angel:

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare 1970 - 1997
BMG Music - September 2017
2424/3000

In the Hot Seat.

Love Beach gets a lot of bad press, but this is probably their worst LP. Only 2 songs I like here - One by One and Man in the Long Black Coat. One By One is campy, but I find myself humming it. Has a decent hook to it. And Man in the Long Black Coat is a Dylan tune.

index.php

Back
Top Bottom