Where Does Your Dog Sleep (at Night?)

Where Does Your Dog Sleep at Night?

• Total voters
My whippet used to insist on burying himself in my wifes long hair when a puppy as she slept.
He now sleeps in his own bed,but jumps in ours at any opportunity but only above the duvet[muddy paws n bits issues]
dogs are so good for us all:banana:

My whippet used to insist on burying himself in my wifes long hair when a puppy as she slept.
He now sleeps in his own bed,but jumps in ours at any opportunity but only above the duvet[muddy paws n bits issues]
dogs are so good for us all:banana:
Whippet! Whippet good! (Ok, ok, it's a recycled joke, but this is a music/audio site after all...)

Our chi-weenie Gretel sleeps in my bedroom on her dog bed with her trusty yellow blanket on it.
Being part dachshund she too likes to nest/burrow herself under the blankets.

The dog bed is usually right smack dab in front of the main BR system stand.
And oftentimes when she's all tucked under the blankets they block the remote sensor.

And this is her favorite pose anytime I look down vvvv at her:
index.php

Ol' gal really loves her bellyrubbins.

I adore this pooch more than words can convey.

:)

Bret P.

i'm getting old, grew up with dogs all my life.
when i was a single fella my dogs could sleep on my bed and that was fine
when i got married it started out fine
but eventually they took too much room
funny how a 3 foot 60lb dog can suddenly be 10 feet long and weigh a ton

we also learned that multiple dogs and the dog world hierarchy can cause problems with the dogs.

now they have the run of of the living room at night. crate, couch, chair, carpet, often shared with cats.

our dogs are boxers and dont deal with heat very well, if its hot and they are panting at night, they can sleep in our room in the basement, on a blanket
the cement floor is very much a heat sink
not on the bed.
they take too much space. i have to work and need to sleep. the floor and blanket are a heat sink. a few hours and they are fine.
dogs are pack animals, allowing them in/on your bed is a political statement to your dog.
be ready to have discipline, problems with you dog by allowing them on the bed... mostly in a multi critter home

Our chi-weenie Gretel sleeps in my bedroom on her dog bed with her trusty yellow blanket on it.
Being part dachshund she too likes to nest/burrow herself under the blankets.

The dog bed is usually right smack dab in front of the main BR system stand.
And oftentimes when she's all tucked under the blankets they block the remote sensor.

And this is her favorite pose anytime I look down vvvv at her:
index.php

Ol' gal really loves her bellyrubbins.

I adore this pooch more than words can convey.

:)

Bret P.
I've got one like that...

Our dog is mostly sleeping in our room now - he'll sometimes sleep on the black chair in the pic earlier. I bought him a new bed yesterday though and situated it on my side of the bed, so we'll see if he has a preference to sleep in it now vs the chair. Maybe the floor was too hard before, though I had a rug laid out for him.

Fortunately, after some token protests, the wife is okay with him sleeping in our room. :beerchug:

Our sheltie sleeps all over the house, unless there's a storm...which means the basement to get outta the thunder.

I find as dogs get older they need a softer bed, as I guess we do as well, eh?

Most times he tries to cover most exits...it's the sheltie thingy.

Q

3 dogs, 2 cats. 6 acres of woods.
I try to set rules about getting on the furniture, etc, and have designated beds for each dog in our bedroom. But I'm out of town a couple nights a week, and the evidence indicates that all 3 dogs, and one of the cats, sleep with my wife.
Joe the pointer is recovering from a severe tree branch wound to the chest, and has 2 dozen staples and a drain tube dripping constantly, as well as an inflatable ring around his neck to prevent licking. He ain't taking confinement to his own bedding well at all, and tries to sneak into our bed as soon as he thinks we're asleep.

I have learned that training dogs is easy. Training wives is impossible.

Holy cow! That pic exaggerates how long they look, right? That looks like he had custom stilts built to reach the kitchen counters. ;)
Yeah, it's the pic but he's pretty tall. Top of his back is like 33" high.

3 dogs, 2 cats. 6 acres of woods.
I try to set rules about getting on the furniture, etc, and have designated beds for each dog in our bedroom. But I'm out of town a couple nights a week, and the evidence indicates that all 3 dogs, and one of the cats, sleep with my wife.
Joe the pointer is recovering from a severe tree branch wound to the chest, and has 2 dozen staples and a drain tube dripping constantly, as well as an inflatable ring around his neck to prevent licking. He ain't taking confinement to his own bedding well at all, and tries to sneak into our bed as soon as he thinks we're asleep.

I have learned that training dogs is easy. Training wives is impossible.

Careful! Even the walls have ears. :)

Q

Back
Top Bottom