The Last Jedi (Star Wars 8)

CT_Ohio

Now that the first long trailer has dropped, someone may as well start a topic for the movie. So here's the 1st post. Personally, I hope it's better than Force Awakens.

I agree we will have to see it is going to have some very stiff competition from The Justice League. I like what they have done with Aquaman.

I agree we will have to see it is going to have some very stiff competition from The Justice League. I like what they have done with Aquaman.
I can't tell if this is serious or in jest. After watching Wonder Woman, and having suffered through Superman V Batman, I truly hope that Justice League can do something, anything to keep DC relevant. Is JL going to be some boring setup to bring Superman back to life?

I can't tell if this is serious or in jest. After watching Wonder Woman, and having suffered through Superman V Batman, I truly hope that Justice League can do something, anything to keep DC relevant. Is JL going to be some boring setup to bring Superman back to life?
well, the early batman movies were great, and then i think some mistakes were made, then after a wait we had some more good batman....otherwise the DC universe hasn't been all that great - certainly overshadowed by Marvel.

i'd expect good things from the new masters of the star wars universe, things certainly seem to be moving in a better direction now that the leadership has changed.

I suspect that Superman will return from the dead at the end if JL. I am not going to touch the 2nd coming thing :thumbsdown:

Hmm, looks like a remake of The Empire Strikes Back - just sayin' - interesting how this thread went from Star Wars to the Justice League. Nothing like staying on topic.

I'll go see it and unless its on par with the prequils I'll probably enjoy it. Its Star Wars, even if its not awesome its fun to watch.

Sorry, after the original 3 Star Wars movies, quality dropped off a cliff with Jar Jar Binks and more -
We did see The Force Awakens, but at this point, I've had no interest in the continuing muddle of Star Wars ...

i haven't watched any of the trailers for this one yet, i think trailers give away too much these days

i haven't watched any of the trailers for this one yet, i think trailers give away too much these days
There is a good reason for this when you have watched a movie franchise for many years that has been written and directed by the same bunch you start to see a pattern.

I think the trailers for the new SW have done a great job of misleading. They play lots of clips that, most likely, don't actually interact they way they want you to think they do. Who's to say that Rey is really turning to the dark side, that Luke has given up on the Jedi, etc. It's fun because it gets you to speculate but to not actually ruin what really happens in the movie.

I think the trailers for the new SW have done a great job of misleading. They play lots of clips that, most likely, don't actually interact they way they want you to think they do. Who's to say that Rey is really turning to the dark side, that Luke has given up on the Jedi, etc. It's fun because it gets you to speculate but to not actually ruin what really happens in the movie.
These trailers and teasers are put togather long before the final editing of these movies is completed.

Sure, but my point is that they show a LOT in the trailer, but they also tie scenes and narrations together to make you think things are happening that actually aren't.

Just saw the trailer, and I think that it will take us down some pretty dark places (just like TESB, also the middle movie of it's trilogy).

Sorry, after the original 3 Star Wars movies, quality dropped off a cliff with Jar Jar Binks and more -
We did see The Force Awakens, but at this point, I've had no interest in the continuing muddle of Star Wars ...

I'm largely in the same boat, although I generally gave the 2nd 3 movies a free pass re: quality; I just wanted to see the story completed. Enjoyed Rogue One. Was terribly disappointed by Force Awakens. So now I'm veering off to other franchises which have been given new life, like Mad Max and Blade Runner. For completeness, I'll watch The Last Jedi (my friends will insist) but I may not enjoy it.

OT: recently went to a gaming convo here in Columbus, and Timothy Zahn was there at a table among the sci-fi/fantasy authors section; he wrote those non-canon sequel novels after the first 3 SW movies, none of which were used on film/video that I know of. He didn't even have copies or acknowledgment of them at his table. If he has moved on, I guess I can too.

I'm largely in the same boat, although I generally gave the 2nd 3 movies a free pass re: quality; I just wanted to see the story completed. Enjoyed Rogue One. Was terribly disappointed by Force Awakens. So now I'm veering off to other franchises which have been given new life, like Mad Max and Blade Runner. For completeness, I'll watch The Last Jedi (my friends will insist) but I may not enjoy it.

OT: recently went to a gaming convo here in Columbus, and Timothy Zahn was there at a table among the sci-fi/fantasy authors section; he wrote those non-canon sequel novels after the first 3 SW movies, none of which were used on film/video that I know of. He didn't even have copies or acknowledgment of them at his table. If he has moved on, I guess I can too.

Those Zahn books were quite entertaining. Too bad they didn't do anything with them.

Drogo as Aquaman? As a kid, Aquaman was my least favorite, but hopefully the movie will be a pleasant surprise.

Back
Top Bottom