3300 Receiver bias trimpots - vendor?

DEAFASABAT

Hello, I need to replace the bias trimmer pots on a sansui 3300 receiver.
After spending some hours searching the internet for replacements without results, I am here to seek expert advice.

The trimmers are 1000 ohms, wattage unknown. Lead spacing of the outer two leads is .625 ".
Sansui part # 1030690, on the F-1180 driver board which is also used in the 2000A receiver and QRX 6500.

So far I've found no trimmers with the .625" lead spacing. And the originals are much larger than any 1K types I looked at during my searches. Would not these large trimmers have a higher wattage rating? The service manual does not specify their wattage.

Thanks for any help, -DAAB-

You won't get replacements exactly the same as the original as they are not made any more. Almost anything you get will be smaller and require some degree of ingenuity to fit - in other words you might only be able to get one of the legs in the PCB holes, and have to put in links to connect up the other two legs.

Here is one - which might be the closest physically...
https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Bourns/3309W-1-102/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuLnsjoRjx%2bUv/ml36u5HwzZhG1ACiiHHk=

Or this one
https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Bourns/3290P-1-102/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMu7u4aXTvZ%2bjx/8KxvSbx%2bRXA/bKwJLNp0=

This ^^^ is the one I like, it's 25 turns, but won't fit directly in the PCB holes, not a problem if you can engineer some wire links to hold the trimmer firmly in position.

In the mean time someone who has reconditioned one of those models might chime in with their solution to this problem. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks, Hyperion. The physical issues you cite confirm what I had suspected.
I don't expect too great a problem, I've had to come up with numerous kludges*
over the years and those have facilitated the rescue of quite a few otherwise
doomed contraptions. This effort will have my full attention and focus.
Thanks again for the sourcing info, it is a great help. Regards, -DAAB-

*Definition: Ingenious solution

I'm not sure that the words ingenious and kludge fit together. I've always thought of it as a half-assed but workable solution. Fitting modern trimmers should be more elegant. Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

I'm not sure that the words ingenious and kludge fit together. I've always thought of it as a half-assed but workable solution. Fitting modern trimmers should be more elegant. Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete
Yes I got it backwards: Slang A clumsy or inelegant solution to a problem.

I think this may be why: "The kludge or kluge metaphor has been adapted in fields such as evolutionary neuroscience, particularly in reference to the human brain".

P.S. My 3300 should be in the database. Regards -DAAB-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom