Sansui B-2301 Amp

No more than any other ~30+ year old Sansui, obviously it will depend on whether any previous work has been carried out on the unit and if it was well done or not. :)

Make sure it is 120V capable, unless your willing to use a step up or down transformer in front of it.

There are quite a lot of them on yahoo.jp. Some are messed up cosmetically. They do come up on ebay too. I bought mine out of ebay.de , for 2500 e plus Shipping.
It's a fine amp with no problems . A Real powerhouse with a clean clear fast sound. Probably the best amp made by sansui.

Yes it is related to the slew rate also, but not only to that. It's the a-x balanced design that makes the sound so fine.

There are quite a lot of them on yahoo.jp. Some are messed up cosmetically. They do come up on ebay too. I bought mine out of ebay.de , for 2500 e plus Shipping.
It's a fine amp with no problems . A Real powerhouse with a clean clear fast sound. Probably the best amp made by sansui.
Thanks for the info!

Ohh there are quite nice capacitors available by the manufacturers today also. But the cost is High. I'm not sure though what the cost of nice caps was back then.

Three of the four 22000uf power supply caps in a ba-5000 i owned were still bang on spec. Super japanese quality! They were 39 years old. B-2301 caps should be fine

Check the transformer mount area. The metal used is soft, (may be all copper) and I recall the sample delivered to Audio magazine for review (way back when) having a significant bend in the plate from shipping, which increased the potential for a short.

Nah, all tend to bend downwards where the secondary caps are fitted after some time . All 2301's and 2302's have this issue . Solved by amp8.
Never seen a bend transformer base , except in my 2302 which was due to a stupid packing by a professional packer . It was an easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom