Today's JAZZ playlist

Matt White And The The Super Villain Jazz Band - Worlds Wide -

https://mattwhitejazz.bandcamp.com/

https://www.allaboutjazz.com/the-su...te-self-produced-review-by-jeffrey-uhrich.php

a2582608894_10.jpg

Eric

Last edited:
View attachment 1022725 last purchase at TUNES, one of my used record stores before they folded up the tent
o_O

You know, it's funny. I have a story on that album too. I'm 99% sure it's that album. But I remember driving back up to school one cold winter night, in the late 70's. I stopped off in White Plains, NY, where there was a record store I used to hit. The streets were deserted, and so was the record store. It was close to closing. And I picked this one up and drove on to my dorm room!

You know, it's funny. I have a story on that album too. I'm 99% sure it's that album. But I remember driving back up to school one cold winter night, in the late 70's. I stopped off in White Plains, NY, where there was a record store I used to hit. The streets were deserted, and so was the record store. It was close to closing. And I picked this one up and drove on to my dorm room!

Nice, I'll remember that on the next listen...Its those kinds of stories that define vintage gear and vintage jazz to me, a little different vibe than rock for sure..of course I love it all

Nice, I'll remember that on the next listen...Its those kinds of stories that define vintage gear and vintage jazz to me, a little different vibe than rock for sure..of course I love it all

Well, of course, anybody might have a memory of any album they purchased, whatever the genre. I don't always remember just where or when I got a particular LP. But that is one of the great things about records, that they become old friends and connect you to other times and people.

This guy is playing locally in December if his shows are anything like this album it should be an entertaining evening of tunes.

Joe Policastro Trio: Screen Sounds

2017_screen_sounds.jpg

1. Yojimbo (Main Title)
2. Everybody's Talkin' - Midnight Cowboy
3. Nadia's Theme (Theme from "The Young and the Restless")
4. Cool Hand Luke (Main Title)
5. Summer Kisses, Winter Tears
6. Twin Peaks Theme
7. Angela (Theme from "Taxi")
8. Hallelujah
9. The Godfather (Main Title and Love Theme)
10. Blade Runner (Love Theme)
11. Having An Average Weekend (Theme from "Kids In The Hall")

Joe Policastro, bass, Dave Miller, guitar, Mikel Avery, drums

The third album by the Joe Policastro Trio features the singular approach of the Chicago-based jazz trio on a unique assemblage of music from movies and TV. Both a musical tapestry and personal soundtrack, the trio has re-purposed these selections blending each member's unique voice into a unified sound while shedding new light on these musical touchstones.

Back
Top Bottom