Our friend in Puerto Rico

John James

"Wash your hands!"
Subscriber
AK member "reydelaplaya" has not posted since the hurricane passed over PR. From the way he described his situation before the storm I expect he is OK. Does anyone have any ideas about any way to reach out to him? Are there any other AK members in PR?

Hope he is OK and just having Internet provider issues. It seems like he utilizes the cell network and towers can take a hit in hurricanes. He described his place as sorta built like a bunker so hopefully he was inside and safe.

Hope he is OK and just having Internet provider issues. It seems like he utilizes the cell network and towers can take a hit in hurricanes. He described his place as sorta built like a bunker so hopefully he was inside and safe.

That's what I was thinking. He is probably OK, just unable to communicate.

Hoping hoping he is intact and has provisions!

He seems to be a resourceful guy. I'll bet he's fine.

Folks down there have taken a terrible blow. Let's all hope they can rebuild stronger and better.

I heard on the news that many of their communications towers were out of commission. Same thing is going on here in CA with all the fires.

Last edited:
AK member "reydelaplaya" has not posted since the hurricane passed over PR. From the way he described his situation before the storm I expect he is OK. Does anyone have any ideas about any way to reach out to him? Are there any other AK members in PR?

Hoping hoping he is intact and has provisions!

That's what I was thinking. He is probably OK, just unable to communicate.

He seems to be a resourceful guy. I'll bet he's fine.

Folks down there have taken a terrible blow. Let's all hope they can rebuild stronger and better.

I heard on the news that many of their communications towers were out of commission. Same thing is going on here in CA with all the fires.

Sincerely hope it's just a communication issue.

Hi John, He was seen but not heard from according to this - http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/waiting-for-reydelaplaya.790367/
From what I've read cell phone service is still hit or miss outside of the capital of San Juan.

Hopefully people can leave their political s**t out of this thread.
If anyone wants to vent their spleen, take it here. http://politicalchat.org/index.php

Pretty cool stuff - Alphabet (Google) is going to launch their Balloon repeaters over Puerto Rico -
get their cells back online quicker than building new towers would be!
Updated with Link!
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-google-puerto-rico-20171009-story.html

Praying he will return to AK soon!

Rome

Heard from Rey this morning. Seems like he's ok

Benefit concert for Puerto Rico

Howdy, Rey! Glad to see you again. :thumbsup:

Hi folks! I'm ok! Thank you for your support and concern - that's really awesome of you all! I was alerted to this thread from the other one, and by the time I had written my reply for here, I had lost data signal yet again. Tonight it seems to be holding a little better though.

Things could be plenty worse, so even though I don't have electricity, running water, and only intermittent cellular signal at the moment, I'm thankful that my puppydog and I are alive and in one piece, and for a great group of friends here on AK worried for my safety. But rest assured, I'm here, and doing ok, all things considered.

Hope to be able to reconnect under more normal circumstances really soon so I can rejoin the conversations of receivers, turntables, speakers, and all that fun stuff! LOL

Thanks again! Cheers and best wishes to you all - see you in the other threads hopefully soon!

- rey

Congratulations on coming out the other side no worse for the wear. Very glad to hear you and your pup are well. You guys hang in there, y'hear?

Back
Top Bottom