SX-1250 AM ferrite rod aerial - wire colours

steveUK

What is the quantity and colours of the wires coming from the AM rod aerial into the back of the SX-1250? Thanks.

Thanks for that. Out of interest, just looked at page 55 of SM and it shows the internal circuitry of integrated circuits; no colours mentioned. Sure you got the correct page?

Correction. Page 53 by the page #'s on the page. Left side. Antenna circled in RED.

ScreenHunter_130 Oct. 09 06.38.jpg

Thanks Larry, got it. Well, if anyone has this part (AM rod antenna) spare I'd be very interested. I don't need the mounting hardware, just the antenna rod and wires. Please PM me, as sadly people have a habit of jumping in and stealing things from under your nose!

Out of interest, I keep seeing Ebay ads for AM antennas that are offered for use with "SX-950, 1050, and 1250 sets". This doesn't make sense (or are sellers just making a big assumption?) because if you read the respective service data for each of those sets, the AM antennas have a different part number, they're different units. I bought "an antenna for a SX-1250" some time ago only to find that it was a five wire antenna; the wrong one. And indeed, when hooked up it didn't perform well at all. I tried adjusting trimmers etc, no joy. In fact I have done that with two five wire antennas I may add, with no joy.

Here's the AM antenna part numbers:
SX-950: ATB-046
SX-1050: ATB-050
SX-1250: ATB-051

Maybe the differences are slight, but there you go, according to the specs, they're not the same antenna. Maybe sellers are trying to financially capitalise on the 'status' of the 1250 in offering parts for use on that set that are lifted from other similar ones but are not in fact exactly the same part. So, I'm still looking for an SX-1250 AM antenna!

They are usually referring to the easily broken ball mount, which is the same - not many sets are missing the rod and coils of the AM antenna.

They are usually referring to the easily broken ball mount, which is the same - not many sets are missing the rod and coils of the AM antenna.
Well no, I'm talking about people selling, specifically, the antenna rod, with photos of the same. Commonality of mounting hardware is a different issue, not the subject of my post.

Back
Top Bottom