JBL 240Ti on Erie, PA CL

classic carl

Without Music, Life Would B FLAT.
Subscriber
https://erie.craigslist.org/ele/d/jbl-240ti/6342595116.html

Below is the text from the ad for posterity. It looks like the mid has a pushed in dustcap. .
Is $400 a good price for these? Just curious...

JBL Home stereo speakers. 200 watts continuous 240 peak.
Absolutely great condition.
Serious inquiries only.
Calls only. No texts answered.
If you know what your looking for, these are a great speaker and s great price.
(About 80 pounds each of craftsmanship)

JBL 240Ti.jpg JBL 240Ti nude.jpg

Nice score Joe
Thanks Dave, being Danish I am a sucker for Teak! The owner says the woofers were refoamed once 8 years ago and the cabinets are in great shape. Only selling because he is moving. Road trip Saturday!

wouldnt wait till sat!!!! lots can happen in 2 days
Agreed, offered to pick them up tomorrow but Saturday was the seller's choice of days. These will not be my main speakers so I will survive if any CL nuttiness happens and I don't get them. Seller seemed like a decent guy. As long as I don't make a trip for nothing....... That would make me very angry....

o boy I wouldnt have changed my sig to reflect 240ti yet since they are not in your possesion yet. Bad juju there.

They are mine now. Spoke to the owner, real nice guy. Picking them up Saturday.
Haha, better you than me, Joe! I was debating, but glad you got to them first. I don't need them, but I wanted them, nonetheless. You saved me from the "But, honey, I got a really good deal on them!" and the ensuing "Yeah, but where are you going to put them" conversation. Good score!

o boy I wouldnt have changed my sig to reflect 240ti yet since they are not in your possesion yet. Bad juju there.
I was wondering who would catch that...... :) You don't miss much do you???? . I was updating some other changes and since I was there....... Again, these are a nice to have, not a must have, I am not going to sweat it either way.

Last edited:
Haha, better you than me, Joe! I was debating, but glad you got to them first. I don't need them, but I wanted them, nonetheless. You saved me from the "But, honey, I got a really good deal on them!" and the ensuing "Yeah, but where are you going to put them" conversation. Good score!
I thought about you Matt since it is in your neighborhood. I don't need another pair of speakers, but I just couldn't pass these up. My best friend and audio partner in crime since the late 70's has L100t speakers, I am thinking he might enjoy these as an upgrade and his birthday is coming up. Lisa wanted to go to the museum in Erie, so we are going to make a day of it. The 10Ts are still making me very happy, especially since I bi-amped them. Coming from a JBL background, they are a huge upgrade, but still familiar and comfortable in a way. How are your newest speakers working out?

I was tempted, but was somehow able to refrain. Fairview is just west of Millcreek, where I live. They're about 10 minutes from here.
Now, if I hadn't recently acquired those Paradigms, I may have called the seller. :D

Last edited:
I thought about you Matt since it is in your neighborhood. I don't need another pair of speakers, but I just couldn't pass these up. My best friend and audio partner in crime since the late 70's has L100t speakers, I am thinking he might enjoy these as an upgrade and his birthday is coming up. Lisa wanted to go to the museum in Erie, so we are going to make a day of it. The 10Ts are still making me very happy, especially since I bi-amped them. Coming from a JBL background, they are a huge upgrade, but still familiar and comfortable in a way. How are your newest speakers working out?
I'm glad you're enjoying those 10T's. :D I shipped those Intuitive Design speakers off to their new owner in NYC a few weeks ago (1 skid, 450 lbs!). The MGD Chameleons are going to be put to use in a smaller secondary setup along with a recently acquired Mac MA6100. The Altecs have stolen the show and I'm working on integrating them into my main system. :music:

They sold a couple weeks ago. This pair will likely allow me to move the refoamed DQ10s and Advent Utilities. Maybe even the L1530's but I doubt it!
You have my number. :deal:

Back
Top Bottom