Desert Eagle 357

Looks to me, Skeezix, that thou hast a Smith & Western model 52. DAMN fine Shootin' Iron, I like mine almost as well as I loves me my Smith & Western Model 41.. Yepper, they're semi-ottofully constabulated Ottomatical guns. If you send me a dollar,I will tell you how you can convert it into a full blown, Machinery Gun... Ain't NOTHIN' to it,y'know. All ya gotta do is take the whickerbill outta the slide, bend it at a 98.6degree bend pointin to the east, -Or was it the west ? Don't really matter, but if you bend it ONE way, the BATFs might snort & & Fuss. Unless they're properly well-oiled, kinda like I am right now...

Tickles me how The Mighty Media has now decided that any backwards 10 yr old boy can take ANY semiauto gun, say a few words over it- "Pastafazoolah,minchca poola, Bibbity-Bobbity Boo" & that's ALL you gots to do to have yer very own fully automatic weapon... Never mind that what's much more likely to happen is you'll completely booger up a nice shootin' iron,something that will be VERY dangerous, & when they catch you with it, you'll get to spend a lot of time at the local Graybar Hotel. These Bump-firing doohickies, auto sears, etc,etc, I never did trust one of 'em any farther than I could throw it..You gotta Itch to play w/a Rawk 'n' Roll device ? Do yerself-and all the rest of us,for that matter a big fat favor,find someone who has a LEGAL Class-3 gun, offer to buy enuf ammo for a nice afternoon's worth of diversion, remember to bring a BUNCH of gallon Milk Jugs, toss one up in the air, & see how many times you can make it jump on the way back down. DON'T let yr Wife shoot it-She will act like she's all scared of the big, nasty gun-But just try to take it away from her... Once a woman finds out how much FUN these things truly are, she AIN'T gonna be happy til SHE has one of her very own, too...

Do you want a caliber war? Because this is how you get a caliber war!

Hahaha, no, I surely don't!.

"S&W .500, reporting for duty, SIR !!!"

View attachment 1021272

Please keep reading in regard to that .500.

The perfect .357 carry gun IMO.

As some of you know, I spent 3 years with a thankless boss in the Solar industry. My very first Christmas, he saunters up to my desk, and GIVES me that Model13. He was going to sell it, and this way, he didn't have to pay me a bonus. I was ecstatic, as I had wanted that specific gun for decades.

Funny thing is, and this ties in to what many have already stated, he had not 1, but TWO of those hand cannon .500's. TWO OF THEM, ONE WITH A DAMNED SCOPE!!!

Now, only 15 years or so ago, I could deadlift 405 off the floor for 5 reps. I'm no lightweight, but that gun was absurd, hell, I could barely hardly hold it at arms length.

My boss was a true jackass, and liked having the biggest gun around. Why? Oh, I personally think it's the same reason some guys buy those absurd trucks that are so large.

Yes, that was a phallic reference.

Looks to me, Skeezix, that thou hast a Smith & Western model 52. DAMN fine Shootin' Iron, I like mine almost as well as I loves me my Smith & Western Model 41.. Yepper, they're semi-ottofully constabulated Ottomatical guns. If you send me a dollar,I will tell you how you can convert it into a full blown, Machinery Gun... Ain't NOTHIN' to it,y'know. All ya gotta do is take the whickerbill outta the slide, bend it at a 98.6degree bend pointin to the east, -Or was it the west ? Don't really matter, but if you bend it ONE way, the BATFs might snort & & Fuss. Unless they're properly well-oiled, kinda like I am right now...

Convert; why bother when you can get one blister-packed by checkout at Wally-Mart?

/I've heard...

Had a Model 46, USAF version of the 41. Nowhere near as nicely finished but a good shooter. I traded it off and I think it might have been towards the 52-2.

[QUOTE="onwardjames, post: 10927423, member:
Yes, that was a phallic reference.[/QUOTE]

That`s OK....I always express the size of my manhood in millimeters, that sounds like a much more impressive number.... :)

I basically STOLE my Model 41..Guy is/was a fairly big FFL holder & he got the 41 in while he was logging in a whole bunch of Pistols. I grabbed it, caught him unawares of what all he got in, I ended up giving $350 for it He NORMALLY sold 41s, When he could get 'em, he ordinarily got $500. I played w/it enuf to where I REALLY could "Call My Shots". It really DOES feel like its simply part of yr Hand. I am, by NO means whatsoever, a very good shot, but the 41 kinda just MAKES you a good shot. It just "Fits" my hand as if I had an excellent pattern custom made set of grips for it. The gun just simply tries HARD to make sure you always have an almost unbelievable chance w/it...BOTH the Model 41, & the Model 52 are THAT way...My Uzi, Model 41 & the 52 are always the ones I take shooting w/me-AND the ones almost everyone tries to "Big-Deal" me out of..Good Luck w/THAT, Skeezix...The 41 is the pistole I often start people learning how to shoot with.. It has almoist NO recoil, is relatively quiet,& even people who have ZILCH desire to shoot, enjoy shooting..

A Model 41 would be an EXCELLENT Ambassador to the great "Not Shooting" public...Its little/no recoil, its pretty, & is accurate/forgiving enuf to make even the worst shooter believe he/she is actually a true "Deadeye Dick" who is a masterful shooter. A goodly number of the loudest critics of the 2nd Amendment/shooting sports types have never even held/picked up a firearm. If we could just get a FEW of them to go w/us & make life TOUGH for a gallon milk jug & get to experience of how much FUN all this REALLY is, we could possibly pick up quite a few "Converts", & take a little pressure off us or a change. We typically DON'T do a good job of putting our best foot forward, if you follow....

The gun just simply tries HARD to make sure you always have an almost unbelievable chance w/it...BOTH the Model 41, & the Model 52 are THAT way...

The 52 makes me look far better on the range than I am. I have another like that, an ITM AT84, a Swiss clone of the CZ75. Superb shooter. Tons of interweb negativity about them. If you dig deep enough, most seems to stem from a long archived gun forum post from a decade back. Mine has none of the bad traits they are all supposed to have.

My favorite "why" gun is this:

110566_02_45lc_410_single_shot_leinad_de_640.jpg

This is not mone, but I got one just like it and to say it's fun at the range is a huge understatement. The bullet is bigger than the barrel. At 10 feet it's darn accurate. At 11 feet, you better just not be in front of me .....anywhere. With a .410 shell it's just insane. I made a 6 inch hole in a Styrofoam target from about 10 inches away.

It's supposed to be for protection from snakes when you're fishing in the Florida swamps. Supposedly a cottonmouth or copperhead can often follow your fish as you're reeling it in. This little number will make quick work of the poisonous beast before it can get in the boat and bite someone.

This is not mone, but I got one just like it and to say it's fun at the range is a huge understatement. The bullet is bigger than the barrel. At 10 feet it's darn accurate. At 11 feet, you better just not be in front of me .....anywhere. With a .410 shell it's just insane. I made a 6 inch hole in a Styrofoam target from about 10 inches away.

It's supposed to be for protection from snakes when you're fishing in the Florida swamps. Supposedly a cottonmouth or copperhead can often follow your fish as you're reeling it in. This little number will make quick work of the poisonous beast before it can get in the boat and bite someone.

That gun, loaded with .410, is like a giant Glaser Safety Slug ! :)

Damn! Don't shoot a hole in the boat! Lol

I hate to admit it but I have one of those in kit form. Mine's an SWD, or Cobray, or Leinad, or whatever name they used when I bought it.

Big fan of the .45 LC though regardless of what pipe it's in.

I saw the manufacturer (a guy with a table...lol) at a gun show many, many years ago. I think it was 60 or 65 bucks and it was just so insane I had to have it. I had just bought my first revolver (a stainless steel S&W .357 magnum) and this was where I found out that guns are like potato chips! I recently purged and I'm down to two guns... a S&W 9mm and this crazy "ultimate boot gun" which despite people offering me over $100 I just didn't want to part with!

Although, you'd be much more likely to shoot off your own boot than actually defend yourself with it! The safety mechanism and the trigger are just nuts.

Back
Top Bottom