Winter is coming

Ive been stocking up on fire wood for the last couple of weeks and almost done now, two more cords should do it. Our house (mobile) and my shop/music room are both heated with a wood stove and I absolutely hate the cold so I go through a lot of wood,six cords+ last year but it was a cold winter for us.

Ive been stocking up on fire wood for the last couple of weeks and almost done now, two more cords should do it. Our house (mobile) and my shop/music room are both heated with a wood stove and I absolutely hate the cold so I go through a lot of wood,six cords+ last year but it was a cold winter for us.

We plan to have a masonery heater un our next house. It's a thing that missed in my house.

Our last winter was ok. This years the hornet's nest was low. It seems that it means that we'll have a mild winter.

Hornets nest was low means a mild winter, eh? Around here they gauge the brown center band on the wooly worms. I take all of the predictions with a grain of salt, prepare for a tough one & hope it's mild.

"Anyone know what Farmer's Almanac is saying?"

Around here we don't believe they know what's what's?
We'd rather ask an old "Indian" what he thinks as they usually are a lot more accurate:)

I went to my neighbor a couple of doors down who is a full blood Potawatomi and he said, "White-eyes, gonna be a cold Kemosabe this year!"

The four seasons in Montana were said to be:

Almost Winter
Winter
Still Winter
Road Construction
In San Antonio, there is Early summer from March to May. Extremely hot, unbearable midsummer June to Aug with the first 2 weeks of Aug being extra miserable. Late summer Sept to Nov and Dec to Feb is almost summer.

gone-listening.gif

Hopefully New Zealand will be spared the "never seen before" kind of fire behavior that is becoming more common these days in other places.

Well I don't know. We don't have anything on the scale of the States but last year a very nasty wildfire swept through the Port Hills region of Christchurch.

Back
Top Bottom