What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

44bn2pof8f7u.jpg

Keef Hartley Band • Seventy Second Drive

Last edited:
:thumbsup:
20170506.jpg

A challenging one to listen to all the way through. it does have it's moments though. Toe The Line was always a favorite. It's got Steve Howe written all over it.

J.D. Considine a long time Baltimore Sun writer as well as record reviewer for Musician Magazine gave this album a very short review in Musician Magazine's Short Takes review page I have never forgotten any of it..
it went as follows
" GTR" SHT.
Not my take but his exact words...I t would not however be my first choice of Steve Howe.

J.D. Considine a long time Baltimore Sun writer as well as record reviewer for Musician Magazine gave this album a very short review in Musician Magazine's Short Takes review page I have never forgotten any of it..
it went as follows
" GTR" SHT.
Not my take but his exact words...I t would not however be my first choice of Steve Howe.

I never thought it was that bad. As you said not a first choice

Just skipping through stuff and playing mostly single cuts tonight of thins I haven't heard in a bit...
image.jpg
This includes a public service announcement from 1956 that still holds true today, even though the vinyl must have been tougher than thought of at the time based on the condition on this copy..that still plays nicely.

image.jpg

I never thought it was that bad. As you said not a first choice
Bill I have to admit that for me even Asia isn't much to write home about..When compared to early Yes albums and even "90125" frankly neither group is in the same league tune wise or feel wise...and what makes it tougher for me to call is that the Yes albums weren't really designed for "hits"and had plenty ..And Aisa was so commercially hyped and forced at the time as being the next big thing if you remember as I'm sure you do.
In the same way I don't picture Page and Rodgers trotting out the first Firm album as their all time masterwork..

Bill I have to admit that for me even Asia isn't much to write home about..When compared to early Yes albums and even "90125" frankly neither group is in the same league tune wise or feel wise...and what makes it tougher for me to call is that the Yes albums weren't really designed for "hits"and had plenty ..And Aisa was so commercially hyped and forced at the time as being the next big thing if you remember as I'm sure you do.
In the same way I don't picture Page and Rodgers trotting out the first Firm album as their all time masterwork..

I'm not a big Asia fan either. Still nice to play these albums occasionally. I can't remember the last time I listened to the GTR album.

I'm not a big Asia fan either. Still nice to play these albums occasionally. I can't remember the last time I listened to the GTR album.

By the way Bill , I would think "Peter Pumpkin Head" by XTC beside being a first class great song and fantastic recording would be sort of your National Anthem in October ..do you ever post it...It also appears on a pretty rare extended CD single with another great song called "The Smartest Monkeys"....I think XTC is phenomenal btw..

Back
Top Bottom