What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I'm not a big Asia fan either. Still nice to play these albums occasionally. I can't remember the last time I listened to the GTR album.
All the GTR talk reminded of an un-listened to CD from my bootleg collection. Grabbed this back in my bit-torrenting days. Finally giving this a listen after having burned it about 12 yearsago.
It's demo's for the planned but never released 2nd GTR album. I knew instantly that it wasn't Max Bacon handling the vocals. Couldn't put a finger on it till reading their Wikipedia page. It's Robert Barry of Emerson and Palmer's 3, so that's a step up.
Steve Hackett wasn't with the band at this point.
From Wikipedia
"Unwilling to give up on the band, Steve Howe tried to continue GTR with Bacon, Spalding, ex-Saxon drummer Nigel Glockler (who had worked for Toyah with Spalding) and a second singer/guitarist, former Hush member Robert Berry. A bootleg of initial sessions (titled Nerotrend, which was also a new name suggested for the band) shows that half of the band's music was now sung by Berry and half by Bacon. Both sessions and band were ultimately abandoned, with some of the material later resurrected or reused on future albums by group members (including the song "This World is Big Enough for All of Us", which became "Birthright" on the ABWH album"
022.jpg

Last edited:

Just skipping through stuff and playing mostly single cuts tonight of thins I haven't heard in a bit...
View attachment 1023364
This includes a public service announcement from 1956 that still holds true today, even though the vinyl must have been tougher than thought of at the time based on the condition on this copy..that still plays nicely.

View attachment 1023367

Damn Jason, you are hitting a bunch of my favorites tonight. Well done Sir!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Sorry for sucking up all the bandwidth tonight but I'm having a good time ..
I posted this sometime last January or so and that's about how often I get it out.
I bought it at Slatewood Records in 1976 and have listened to it about once a year since
Sounds like it was recorded in a small bar based on the crowd noise and response..

View attachment 1023403 View attachment 1023404 View attachment 1023405

Sorry for sucking up all the bandwidth tonight but I'm having a good time ..
I posted this sometime last January or so and that's about how often I get it out.
I bought it at Slatewood Records in 1976 and have listened to it about once a year since
Sounds like it was recorded in a small bar based on the crowd noise and response..
Don't fret the bandwidth. A few of us regulars are paying for it and I'm not using much tonight. We got you.

Back
Top Bottom