What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

long-misty-days-5368b20f96582.jpg

I'm not a big Asia fan either. Still nice to play these albums occasionally. I can't remember the last time I listened to the GTR album.
Hi Brother P-Man and Brother @FOH Engineer: that is why I scored it the way I did. Performance = 5/10, SQ = 6/10. I figured there was a reason this is only like the 2nd or 3rd time I've ever listened to it since I bought the CD when it first came out in 1986 and on CD. It's not like it is un-listenable, but when you hear the name Steve Howe is in the band, I guess you hope for and expect a lot more. I remember that was all the hype that got me to buy it in the first place. Let's Time Travel back to 1986, quote from a friend, and I quote ""Dude, Man, You Gotta get the new GTR album when it comes out, Steve Howe is the lead guitar and pretty much main dude man, he's the head of the band dude!, You gotta get it!""

LOL, funny to think of 80's - they were the best years of my younger adult life.

-Blitz

This is a much better off the wall Steve Howe effort. 1950's hard bop jazz. Steve's Gibson E3175D, his son Dylan on drums, and Ross Stanley on Hammond organ. Imagine Siberian Khatru as Jimmy Smith would have played it.
The Steve Howe Trio ~ Travelling
2010 HoweSound HSCD 004

https://www.discogs.com/Steve-Howe-Trio-Travelling/release/2728947
https://www.allaboutjazz.com/travelling-steve-howe-howesound-review-by-bruce-lindsay.php
026.jpg

OK, the Jimmy Smith comparison is really stretching it, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Listening to all that classical music this afternoon I made some pretty good progress on the Uncle Carlito project. Almost finished.
Would have been done long ago if I hadn't have stopped six weeks ago.
023.jpg
Hey Frank - That looks great! What steady hands you must have - precision! just in time for Halloween. Funny, I'm creative in other ways, but art (drawing by hand, painting, etc...) is not one of them. Nice work!

Hey Frank - That looks great! What steady hands you must have - precision! just in time for Halloween. Funny, I'm creative in other ways, but art (drawing by hand, painting, etc...) is not one of them. Nice work!
Thanks Chris. The outlining everything in black is what's killing me. It's making me turn my hand constantly while attempt to keep the brush flowing. I'm a total failure at it.

That does look like fun!

Fuzz , I think one of the best things about the vintage jazz scene is that high quality albums are out there to be found that go almost ignored in many used stores..an endless catalog of titles seems to exist as well..My collection is finally getting large enough to take it out of general population and give them seperate storage shelving.
I just feel kind of stupid for having let it take this long..

Thanks Chris. The outlining everything in black is what's killing me. It's making me turn my hand constantly while attempt to keep the brush flowing. I'm a total failure at it.
I think not Frank - You are quite the artist! It looks awesome. Would love to have the finished piece to put on top of my Stereo Rack, right below the "Blue Cave Signs" :bowdown: :trebon: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey Friends,

Need your positive energy, prayers, etc... I'm on a level 5 CVS Nausea ramp - This scares me when this happens - the cycle needs to break now - don't want to go to the hospital. Keeping myself distracted with our thread and will continue with some soothing Classical music.

Now Playing : 1987 - Handel - Messiah, Andrew Davis,Toronto Orchestra (EMI CDS-7490272) EAC FLAC's
Cover.jpg

Rear.jpg
Thanks My Friends! - Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom