So a guy listed a pioneer 1280 for $300

:whip:
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAkRAAAAJGMxYzRmNDJkLTc0NjgtNDkxZi1iNjI5LTY2NGIzNDFlNmFlOA.png

Had a guy advertise a turntable. Decent price at $300. I ask what part of town. He says he can meet me in Gastonia NC which is just west of Charlotte (Charlotte Craigslist). I ask, "You don't have it hooked up?" He says I do but I live in Boone (2.5 hours away) and I would have to drive it down.I check the Boone craigslist and it's not listed there. I tell him I don't want him to go to all that trouble. He says he's in Charlotte all the time. Next email he says he doesn't have it listed in Boone Craigslist for some reason I can't remember. Did make sense so I let it go. If it doesn't add up it doesn't add up.

:rolleyes:

I am giving away a free SX-1280 to the first person to respond to this post as a way of increasing my Karma..................... unless of course the 2nd responder offers me more :D
At least your heart was in the right place, that's got to count for somethin'.

Two different times at two different garage sales I bought two different sets of Boston Acoustic speakers. One pair for $50.00. Nice bookshelves i am listening to right now. The other was a floor set I got for $10.00.

In both cases the sellers just wanted to get rid of em. Did not care so i took em with no questions or a word. In fact the one guy helped load up the truck.

OH BTW I asked for less than they were asking.... why not

I have an example of good karma from just yesterday:I driving out of the Walmart parking lot after picking up my meds when I see a woman walking through the parking lot with a bunch of groceries.I offer her a ride since the homes are several blocks away.She asks why,I tell her I was without a car for a few years,and know what its like.She graciously accepts the ride,and it turns out to be about a mile away.Im coming back home,and stop at the Goodwill,where I find a pair of the Andrew Jones Pioneer floor standers that just got put out at $36.So Im standing in line,and the woman in front of me has two pots she is buying,but forgot her money.I offer to pay,and thats when I found out that it was Seniors Day.So with my discount,even with her pots,It still cost a few dollars less than my original price.Doing someone right can have unforseen benefits.

Just for gits and shiggles...in the OP...
how many CL stories have been told about buyers flaking, no showing, tire kicking, lowballing, etc
There was NO GUARANTEE the first "buyer" was even going to complete the buy much less actually show up.
The OP (second in line) may have actually made the buy.
If I were the seller I would have honored any agreement made with the first respondent. If he no showed I'd contact the 2nd (OP).
When I was a wee lad there was a saying "as dependable as a dope deal". You who were there know what I mean.

I've sold a lot of my stuff on CL in the past year. Stereo gear, a boat, a loader, a vintage car, vintage car parts (a lot of them).

Research is often difficult, how do I price something that is obscure enough that I can't find sold comps? How about something 30+ years old that is in immaculate original-owner condition with documents since new? How much less do I need to ask to sell locally?

So I usually end up selling my stuff cheap, I also hate disappointing buyers. Is it their responsibility to offer me more? NO! In fact, they will usually offer less.

What do I want in return? If you say you're coming, show up at the time you promised and prepared to buy. That's it. Often that's asking more than buyers can deliver.

Back
Top Bottom