The Last Jedi (Star Wars 8)

Watch the trailers. In one of them he walks into the front door of a saloon somewhere up North out of a blizzard bare chested carrying somebody over his shoulder. Dumps him on the floor grabs a bottle of booze takes a slug and with the bottle in hand walks back out into the storm. This ain’t the Hanna-Barbara cartoon Aguaman.

8F115D0B-3A50-47E9-B7EB-DE466679E224.jpeg

dzkfraser said:
Hmm, looks like a remake of The Empire Strikes Back.....

Wouldnt be a surprise if it was.... Thats all the puppets today can do... TAKE GOLD AND MAKE IT CRAP AND SAY ITS GOOD..... (They have been made to be this way by design - easy control by the elite)

Personally, I hope it's better than Force Awakens.

Can I getta AYYYYYYYMEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN to that.

I mean, I completely agree.

I thought Rogue One was great - once they werent lumbered with feeling like they had to just retell Star Wars all over again - it was nice being liberated from that.

My issues with The Farce Awakens included, the retelling of Star Wars, the crap and unconvincing "tormented bad guy", the crap "tormented stormtrooper with a conscience," and the fact that this chick suddenly had jedi powers WITHOUT TRAINING! Jeez.

When I watched Force Awakens I have the feeling there was a check list. R2D2? check! 3CPO, Check!, Evil Empire, check! Chewbaca, Check! Etc, etc..... they didn’t do Jar-Jar-Binks so they folded his character into Kylo Ren a singularly underwelming evil guy. But how can you take seriously an evil guy who was evilized by Supreme Leader Snoke, I wonder what they were smoking when they came up with that name. Hmmm Snoke......toke.....:beatnik:
In action Science fiction movies Marvel Studios rules.

Last edited:
I'm probably in the minority but I liked The Force Awakens. I watched the original trilogy with my Mom (first SW in the back of our station wagon at a drive-in) and have fond memories of being a kid and being awestruck at the magic of movies. I didn't much care for the prequels, although the last one was OK. Force Awakens reminded me of being a kid, when I could set aside all belief in reality and just enjoy something for the sake of enjoying it, not having to dissect it. It was fun. The icing on the cake was that I got to see it with my two boys, and the enjoyment they, as kids, got from it. It's easy to be cynical, grumpy and uneasy to please (I'm all three myself). Sometimes it's nice to be like a kid and just enjoy something for the sake of enjoying it.

I'm probably in the minority but I liked The Force Awakens. I watched the original trilogy with my Mom (first SW in the back of our station wagon at a drive-in) and have fond memories of being a kid and being awestruck at the magic of movies. I didn't much care for the prequels, although the last one was OK. Force Awakens reminded me of being a kid, when I could set aside all belief in reality and just enjoy something for the sake of enjoying it, not having to dissect it. It was fun. The icing on the cake was that I got to see it with my two boys, and the enjoyment they, as kids, got from it. It's easy to be cynical, grumpy and uneasy to please (I'm all three myself). Sometimes it's nice to be like a kid and just enjoy something for the sake of enjoying it.

Well it wasn't bad. Better than the prequels but not as good as Rogue One.

I think Lucas dropped ball from the get go by telling a great story and then taking a long break only to come back and tell the story before the story. Now are back to continuing the original story so many years later.

Hard to maintain any momentum when you jumping around so much.

I liked The Force Awakens, wanted more but that was as I was enjoying it. i liked some fresh faces in it too, including the droid, but most of all i liked the character Rey.
Rogue One was OK, I think the reason was it seemed same old same old to me anyway, but i did like it.

Will definitely watch The Last Jedi

I liked rogue one and force awakens. Been a fan of Star Wars and all sci fi since I can remember. All my comic book heroes coming to life can’t get enough it seems. Was going to pass on justice league but will see it also this weekend.

we are only beginning the continuous repeats of all the major film franchises.

how many times will they film Spider-Man? superman? batman? terminator? alien/s? Bruce Lee biopics?
beauty and the beast? Cinderella? snow white? Sherlock Holmes? Murder on the Orient Express?
Three/Four musketeers? and

the 3 Stooges...

Rouge One was like a WW II commando movie, you know, like the Guns of Navarone in outer space instead of the Med. Only the Guns of Navarone was a much better picture. For one thing Germans are immensely darker and more frightening than storm troopers (unless we're talking German storm troopers) . And Gregory Peck, David Niven and Anthony Quinn were real honest to God movie stars. I suggest you youngsters watch it. No doubt Lucas did, many times I'd bet.

Last edited:
I have watched Rouge One again several times lately and have enjoyed it more each time. By the current reports the new Star Wars is good. I wont be missing it.

So as of a couple hours ago I've seen SW8: The Last Jedi. Good movie. I have to wonder how much emotional attachment I still have for the series as I felt more detached with this one, even though Luke and Leia feature prominently in it. Action: check. Story advancement: check, I guess. Old school fan service: less than in prior SW movies but this still had a few throwback bits. Disney is ready to move on with new storylines within the Skywalker saga itself; of course Rogue One (Rouge One, ppl? Srsly?) is already a part of that.

So what about the audio and video in TLJ? The smaller theater I viewed in, which was rented by a friend's company, is not up to the most modern standards in audio and the room (seats around 150) didn't have a 'big' sound; there are moments which should be felt to the bone in TLJ, but just wasn't there tonight; I think it'll be better served in a top theater, and in a good home AV setup. They do have digital projection in place though, so it looked great. Viewed in 2D.

Back
Top Bottom