1k for McIntosh MAC-1900 receiver?

Falconet

is it worth it? considering that living somewhere in Asia, this unit is more rare here than it is for those who live in the US. I kinda have to decide fast. thanks in advance!

thanks, of course, I'll try to haggle over the price. this is the pic from his ad, judging by the pic, at least the cabinet seems to be in decent shape. he claims it's been barely used.

Attachments

• bO5o9shUu.jpg
    bO5o9shUu.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 65
Cabinet is not McIntosh. Too difficult to determine the condition otherwise and of course have no idea when the unit was last serviced. That would be my main concern.

Cabinet is not McIntosh. Too difficult to determine the condition otherwise and of course have no idea when the unit was last serviced. That would be my main concern.
thanks for bringing that up, if the cabinet is replaced, I guess it probably means the original cabinet had been damaged and it certainly isn't a good sign considering the price he's asking.

Hmmm...possibly. Appears to be well made cabinet, albeit with thicker wood than what is usual in an equipment cabinet.

Have you considered buying from Audio Classics or Tom Manley? Much better chance of knowing what you're getting.

Hmmm...possibly. Appears to be well made cabinet, albeit with thicker wood than what is usual in an equipment cabinet.

Have you considered buying from Audio Classics or Tom Manley? Much better chance of knowing what you're getting.
I don't have access to those due to living in a rather isolated asian country. I guess I have to pass on this one. Thanks for your help.

Not every 1900 came with a cabinet. And many Asian countries would just get the units from the USA, since local cabinets are very good quality, often times exotic woods, and almost always cheaper to build local than to buy.

thanks for the input everyone, these are a couple of new pics the seller has sent me, any opinions?

Attachments

• fb275f02-7ac7-4096-b0f0-b40135022157.jpg
    fb275f02-7ac7-4096-b0f0-b40135022157.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 91b29755-a399-4037-87ce-4c3b70cf644e.jpg
    91b29755-a399-4037-87ce-4c3b70cf644e.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 27
Not every 1900 came with a cabinet. And many Asian countries would just get the units from the USA, since local cabinets are very good quality, often times exotic woods, and almost always cheaper to build local than to buy.
I would say the cabinet of this unit is very well built, at least based on the pictures. It just doesn't match the price he is asking?

Your isolation/location brings scarcity way up the value ladder.

How many other 1900's are available to you?

Without knowing more, it sounds like you are looking at the lowest priced, and perhaps only example available to you.

Your isolation/location brings scarcity way up the value ladder.

How many other 1900's are available to you?

Without knowing more, it sounds like you are looking at the lowest priced, and perhaps only example available to you.
at the moment? None!
I'm not obsessed about 1900's in particular, I saw the ad andI thought it was a good opportunity to own one since it's a highly praised receiver as far as I know.
I guess the scarcity favtor is the main reason this unit is priced on the higher side and that's also why there is not much room for haggling over the price.

Back
Top Bottom