JBL 240Ti on Erie, PA CL

I'm glad you're enjoying those 10T's. :D I shipped those Intuitive Design speakers off to their new owner in NYC a few weeks ago (1 skid, 450 lbs!). The MGD Chameleons are going to be put to use in a smaller secondary setup along with a recently acquired Mac MA6100. The Altecs have stolen the show and I'm working on integrating them into my main system. :music:

You have my number. :deal:
Really? Either way, I decide to sell anything, you will always get the 1st option.

The ad is still up on CL.
Well, I texted him just now and received the time honored CL response about how surprised he is at the large number of calls that he is receiving...... Isn't taking down the ad a simple solution????
I WILL NOT play that game so I withdrew my offer. About 10 minutes later he called me, and said he is just concerned that I am a CL flake who isn't going to show and he needs them gone ASAP because he is moving. I said that the other side of the coin is that I am facing a 2 hour drive each way and I am now worried that he is going to take cash in hand today. I told him to commit to a decision now, either sell locally or wait for me tomorrow. No hard feelings if he wants to take the local deal today, but God help him if I show up tomorrow and the speakers are gone. He said he is a man of his word and will sell to me. I told him that I would call him tomorrow morning as I am leaving Buffalo just so he doesn't worry too much. So, am I nuts for staying in this deal?

Have Classic Carl check on him since he is only 10 minutes away. Otherwise you will have a nice afternoon with Lisa.

We are going to the awesome Lake Shore Railroad Museum near Erie anyway, so it will not be a waste at all. If I am not locked up for assault, that is.......

Well, I texted him just now and received the time honored CL response about how surprised he is at the large number of calls that he is receiving...... Isn't taking down the ad a simple solution????
I WILL NOT play that game so I withdrew my offer. About 10 minutes later he called me, and said he is just concerned that I am a CL flake who isn't going to show and he needs them gone ASAP because he is moving. I said that the other side of the coin is that I am facing a 2 hour drive each way and I am now worried that he is going to take cash in hand today. I told him to commit to a decision now, either sell locally or wait for me tomorrow. No hard feelings if he wants to take the local deal today, but God help him if I show up tomorrow and the speakers are gone. He said he is a man of his word and will sell to me. I told him that I would call him tomorrow morning as I am leaving Buffalo just so he doesn't worry too much. So, am I nuts for staying in this deal?

Have Classic Carl check on him since he is only 10 minutes away. Otherwise you will have a nice afternoon with Lisa.

I don't know him but I called him earlier this morning and left a message mentioning AK D&S, and that the buyer will definitely be there on Saturday. Apparently, he didn't beloeve me.
If you want to call him back and ask him to sell them to me, I will pick them up and you can get them from me tomorrow. That is, if he will let me get them tonight. I have to work tomorrow morning (golf course) until 1:00 pm, but will be available after that. I assume you would want to check them out first though. Let me know if I can help in any way.

I don't know him but I called him earlier this morning and left a message mentioning AK D&S, and that the buyer will definitely be there on Saturday. Apparently, he didn't beloeve me.
If you want to call him back and ask him to sell them to me, I will pick them up and you can get them from me tomorrow. That is, if he will let me get them tonight. I have to work tomorrow morning (golf course) until 1:00 pm, but will be available after that. I assume you would want to check them out first though. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Thanks very much Carl, your help is greatly appreciated. I sent him a text with your offer and I will let you know if I hear back from him. Regardless of the how the sale goes down, my GF and I will be in Erie tomorrow and if you want to meet I would be glad to buy you lunch. Lisa and I always pick a spot near Peach Street for lunch when in town. It would be nice to meet you!

Thanks very much Carl, your help is greatly appreciated. I sent him a text with your offer and I will let you know if I hear back from him. Regardless of the how the sale goes down, my GF and I will be in Erie tomorrow and if you want to meet I would be glad to buy you lunch. Lisa and I always pick a spot near Peach Street for lunch when in town. It would be nice to meet you!

Thanks for the offer. I appreciate that, but there is no need to buy me lunch, although it would be nice to meet you. I would suggest stopping at the Erie Golf Club for lunch but the kitchen may not be open this late in the season. The course is 5 minutes from Peach St., just west of I-79. The bar will be open though.

Well, the seller sent me a text and told me to "relax" he has someone else lined up if I do not show. So we will see how it goes tomorrow. Meanwhile the ad is STILL active...... Thanks for the local restaurant recommendation Carl. I love going to local and neighborhood joints when I travel. I avoid chains whenever possible.

Well, the seller sent me a text and told me to "relax" he has someone else lined up if I do not show. So we will see how it goes tomorrow. Meanwhile the ad is STILL active...... Thanks for the local restaurant recommendation Carl. I love going to local and neighborhood joints when I travel. I avoid chains whenever possible.

I don't do chains either. It's not really a restaurant, although they have good food. It's a public golf course that happens to have a nice pub, but probably no cook this late in the season. You won't find anything but chains on Peach St.

I would recommend McGarrey's Oakwood Cafe, which isn't too far from upper Peach. The link is below. My wife and I eat there often. The menu is on their website.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...dcad237df51834!8m2!3d42.0891465!4d-80.1028177

I worked at K104 for many years and at that time Erie had some GREAT privately owned, local restaurants. Upper Peach was unrecognizable to me last year - built out to 90 and 79 pretty much.

I don't do chains either. It's not really a restaurant, although they have good food. It's a public golf course that happens to have a nice pub, but probably no cook this late in the season. You won't find anything but chains on Peach St.

I would recommend McGarrey's Oakwood Cafe, which isn't too far from upper Peach. The link is below. My wife and I eat there often. The menu is on their website.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...dcad237df51834!8m2!3d42.0891465!4d-80.1028177
Great, thanks for the recommendation. I make 1 exception to the chain for my Lisa, we don't have a Chick-Fil-A or a Primanti Bros in our area, so I take her if she needs a fix.

They are safe and in my car! They are in great shape, only one small chip in the rear of one speaker. The brown cloth on the grilles will have to go! I don't know if I have enough of the JBL blue cloth Zilch sold me years ago. Hopefully it is still available. Thanks everyone! Especially Carl!

They are safe and in my car! They are in great shape, only one small chip in the rear of one speaker. The brown cloth on the grilles will have to go! I don't know if I have enough of the JBL blue cloth Zilch sold me years ago. Hopefully it is still available. Thanks everyone! Especially Carl!

You forgot about golden corral its also good there in Erie. Congrats on some nice jbl's.

I've never eaten at Golden Corral. It's a chain also. I avoid the upper Peach St. area like the plague, and I live 10 minutes from there.

I ended up meeting Joe and Lisa for lunch. It was a pleasure to meet another AKer and they were no exception. The JBL's are in really nice shape too.

I've never eaten at Golden Corral. It's a chain also. I avoid the upper Peach St. area like the plague, and I live 10 minutes from there.

I ended up meeting Joe and Lisa for lunch. It was a pleasure to meet another AKer and they were no exception. The JBL's are in really nice shape too.
If I wasn't over in Cleveland today scooping up some other gear with @rudedogg , I would have come up to join you guys for lunch. I did hear a pair of 240ti's today and they were pretty impressive. Share a few pics and your impressions when you get a chance, Joe.

Great speakers. I had the pleasure of four different sets through out the years. I opted for my L300's each time. They are prime time players though. Great score!

It was a pleasure to meet Carl today for lunch! Another great AK'er too! Awesome call on the restaurant too! Sorry you couldn't make it Matt.

Great speakers. I had the pleasure of four different sets through out the years. I opted for my L300's each time. They are prime time players though. Great score!
Yes, they are impressive speakers. After 27 years with L100t3, there are certainly a step up. The sound is most definitely vintage JBL, but the 044ti is smoother and more refined then the 035 tweeter, and the mid bass and bass is simply impressive. Some of the best I have ever heard. They image really well and are not fatiguing at all. I am really looking forward to comparing these with my L1530s in the week ahead. L300's? I would hang on to those too!!

Back
Top Bottom