Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

only takes a couple of us. That and some coffee. I once ended a bad relationship in 12 steps & 12 days. A real 12 & 12 life lesson

I have a relative who at 6 mo sober has decided to get engaged to another AA'er, also with less than a year of sobriety. She knows it's considered a bad idea but I'm sure she's getting the lost rush that used to come with drinking. Which is the point she's really missing.

I have a relative who at 6 mo sober has decided to get engaged to another AA'er, also with less than a year of sobriety. She knows it's considered a bad idea but I'm sure she's getting the lost rush that used to come with drinking. Which is the point she's really missing.

........I had a few paragraphs typed out but thought again about the situation.......

So you are not an alcoholic? but a concerned family member of one?
See if you can get to an Al-anon meeting, they are a support group for family and friends of the alcoholic.

Wishing you and your family member the very best.
http://al-anon-az.org/find-a-meeting/

I married my wife on her one year clean date and some folks said we had as much chance as a fart in a whirlwind. That's a quote, and it almost came true more times than I'd like to count. Just about everything that could happen did happen. But we persevered and we worked and sometimes we got lucky.

On May 27 we will be married 28 years. Right now she's taking a nap while I bake cookies.

The good people who predicted that we were headed for disaster lived long enough to see us make a life together. And because they were good people we all made amends and were able to end up on good terms before anyone important to us died.

Make choices. Accept consequences. Live life.

dcmfan
Nice that you pair worked out and I tip my hat to you both :cool:

One of the few in my experience, but there are always exceptions and nice to hear of one :thumbsup:

dcmfan
Nice that you pair worked out and I tip my hat to you both :cool:

One of the few in my experience, but there are always exceptions and nice to hear of one :thumbsup:

Thanks. It's not a path I would recommend as a general rule. But like most things, if both parties want the same thing and are willing to WORK there's no limit.

........I had a few paragraphs typed out but thought again about the situation.......

So you are not an alcoholic? but a concerned family member of one?
See if you can get to an Al-anon meeting, they are a support group for family and friends of the alcoholic.

Wishing you and your family member the very best.
http://al-anon-az.org/find-a-meeting/
http://al-anon-az.org/find-a-meeting/[/QUOTE]THANKS

Thanks datafone. 21 years here. It's all good. Feel free to post what you were thinking.

Meggy. Great job on the 21 years.
dcmfan. We both beat the odds so far. I met my wife while she was in rehab. Kinda like love at first sight. when she was getting out of rehab we went to her counselor and told her about the relationship we were starting. Having 5 years sober I knew the dangers of having a relationship with someone new & unstable. We hid nothing. No secrets. I told all my peers. Some approved some didn't. Those who disagreed also mentioned my motives were pure. I always avoided AA woman especially newcomers. I prayed to have a nice woman in my life. Be careful what you pray for. I did try to resist but then questioned if she was my prayers being answered. We have been together since oct of 1999. So sometimes like dcmfan said if both people want the same thing anything is possible

Deleted

No need...

Edit: just so It's clear I didn't delete my original response due to anyone, I just reassessed it and thought my post was not needed or helpful.

I'll leave just one part of it, and that's that codependency is often a core issue for many of us, from my experience.

Last edited:
Yesterday was perfect. Woke up on the right side of the dirt to celebrate my 23 years of sobriety. Had to do some plumbing early in the morning. Did lunch with my sponsor and relaxed the rest of the day. Now tonight I get to go to my home group and get my coin. Life is good. Fever

Yesterday was perfect. Woke up on the right side of the dirt to celebrate my 23 years of sobriety. Had to do some plumbing early in the morning. Did lunch with my sponsor and relaxed the rest of the day. Now tonight I get to go to my home group and get my coin. Life is good. Fever
Way to go!!! Just keep doing the next best thing

Just back from the Bay of Pigs where we take on the Cholesterol Torpedoes (Chester Diner) after my home group meeting.
It was a celebration-4 members/99years. My surrogate family meets my needs better than my biological one!
Definitely feeling the love.
Good night all, and a super 24

Back
Top Bottom