Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

The wife covered my Beatle wall with a couple of nice lamps. Need to find a better place for them if she';ll let me :)

View attachment 681489
Yes, I love this. Reminds me of the Beatles shrine at my house. Revolver is supposed to be in the upper left hand corner but it fell earlier. (Don't worry, it was just the sleeve)
IMG_3747.JPG

Did you ever manage to get those lamps moved??

IMG_3750.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, I love this. Reminds me of the Beatles shrine at my house. Revolver is supposed to be in the upper left hand corner but it fell earlier. (Don't worry, it was just the sleeve)
View attachment 962840

Did you ever manage to get those lamps moved??

View attachment 962856

Ha no they are still there. But I did move the autographed Beatles picture into my listening room. :thumbsup:
20170708_100458.jpg

Picked up a couple lamps today at a local thrift. Both are well made and heavy, real glass etc, but I do not think either are originals. I believe Robert Sonneman designed both styles. The round one is definitely older with the old style plug.

0922171437_resized.jpg 0922171435_resized.jpg

Have the one on the left; I used it for yours. It is still around the house somewhere I think.

Picked up a couple lamps today at a local thrift. Both are well made and heavy, real glass etc, but I do not think either are originals. I believe Robert Sonneman designed both styles. The round one is definitely older with the old style plug.

AE72972F-3165-4907-9101-B5CA92848715-12615-00000C0A2FBB6D8A_zps518ecbdb.jpg

How did I miss this thread until now? I'll have a couple of interesting contributions including a rare Rookwood pottery lamp. I also have a substantial collection of TV lamps which, I guess, would also qualify as table lamps. I'm having a camera issue that I need to talk to Canon about then I'll be able to contribute to the thread.

How did I miss this thread until now? I'll have a couple of interesting contributions including a rare Rookwood pottery lamp. I also have a substantial collection of TV lamps which, I guess, would also qualify as table lamps. I'm having a camera issue that I need to talk to Canon about then I'll be able to contribute to the thread.
Well wait, never too late to enjoy

I posted on page 1 of this terrific thread....before the Photo Bucket fiasco.

....so I thought I'd repost.....plus these pics are not Christmas themed (not that there is anything wrong with that :))

Soft olive green ceramic ('60 or '61) with original drum shade....in my music room.

Some very cool lamps here....keep them coming!

Click on pic for larger image if you like...

View attachment 697769 Here's my latest lamp project - glass, art deco, bought for $3 at a sale. It was loose and had glass grinding on glass, but no chips, so I took it apart, inserted compressible gaskets, and rewired with 18-gauge plenum wire.

@Splatter Pak ^^^That's one of my favorite lamps. ^^^ Just screams DECO!! Somewhere around here I have a pair boxed up that have their original glass lampshades.

I'm a big fan of frosted glass. I like lighting the best if it's a bit diffuse and you can't actually see the bulb itself.

My all time favorite lamp so far is this little 8" Besa Lighting spherical shaped lamp made with Carrera glass.

cc3.jpg

Also enjoy this little reproduction "Saturn Lamp"

IMG_20171010_103023495_HDR.jpg

Ditto this pair of lamps from IKEA.

IMG_20171010_103532808_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
@Splatter Pak ^^^That's one of my favorite lamps. ^^^ Just screams DECO!! Somewhere around here I have a pair boxed up that have their original glass lampshades.

I'm a big fan of frosted glass. I like lighting the best if it's a bit diffuse and you can't actually see the bulb itself.

My all time favorite lamp so far is this little 8" Besa Lighting spherical shaped lamp made with Carrera glass.

View attachment 1021822

Also enjoy this little reproduction "Saturn Lamp"

View attachment 1021825

Ditto this pair of lamps from IKEA.

View attachment 1021829

I like your Besa lamp! Are you using the two transmission innards on each side as candleholders?

I like your Besa lamp! Are you using the two transmission innards on each side as candleholders?

Thanks.

Yeah, good eye. . A friend in high school thought his 6cyl, 3 speed Mustang was a race car.... hah. Those are chipped gears removed when he rebuilt his trans..... twice. I just tapped pairs together with a sledge hammer, glued some felt on the bottom, and....instant candle holders.... Can't believe I still have them after 47-48 years.

IMG_20171012_112331962.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, nice and dense. Generally a solid, quality piece, costing me 220 dirhim or about $60 USD. Better than the usual IKEA offering. Nice distribution of lumens too, up and down.

The dimmer remains an issue with my example. On partial intensity the light flickers in an annoying way. Once it heats up, it stabilizes. Max and Min intensities are stable right off.

Back
Top Bottom