I start my new career tomorrow!

Ronald1973

8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man
After years upon years of retail and retail management, I start tomorrow morning training for office manager at a local home health company. I spent 7 1/2 years with J.C. Penney and over 5 years with Rent One, a regional rent to own company. I'm excited about the change. I'll have weekends off with a 9-5 schedule every day. No deadbeats to deal with like at Rent One, having to chase them down and then repo the stuff they didn't pay on. I'm wanting to get my insurance license in the near future and do that on the side. My father has been in the insurance business since 1977; I had my license at one point, but I foolishly let them go. The future is looking up, guys and gals!

Congrats! Glad to hear things are looking up for others too!!! :jump:

I just accepted an offer on a new job today :banana: I was 'downsized' in 2010, took unemployment for too long while working on a house (cashed out my 401k too), joined a killer green tech company that got tore apart from the inside and eventually closed doors with me and the CEO the last men standing in 2015 (I fought like hell, completing jobs my previous Boss couldn't nail down). Those 2 gigs broke me... I ended up taking a slacker job for less than 1/2 my previous wages (fun place with great guys... but no pay). Got an email out of the blue from a place 8 miles from home off of a 3 year old resume still lingering on Monster... they hired me for what I asked for (the same as my highest paying previous job... should have asked for more!!!!). So as of today I am the DevOps Admin for an AWS SaaS based credit card gateway software company scheduled to start on Nov 6th (10am to 6pm M-F)

:jump:

After years upon years of retail and retail management, I start tomorrow morning training for office manager at a local home health company. I spent 7 1/2 years with J.C. Penney and over 5 years with Rent One, a regional rent to own company. I'm excited about the change. I'll have weekends off with a 9-5 schedule every day. No deadbeats to deal with like at Rent One, having to chase them down and then repo the stuff they didn't pay on. I'm wanting to get my insurance license in the near future and do that on the side. My father has been in the insurance business since 1977; I had my license at one point, but I foolishly let them go. The future is looking up, guys and gals!

Congrats! As soon as I read your new schedule I thought of: "Hello Peter what's happening. I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow. So if you could be here at around....9 that'd be great."

No getting a class A CDL and getting behind the wheel of a semi? ;)

Seriously, glad it's going well for you. It would seem that the schedule of a salesperson would get tiring rather quickly. This sounds like a better gig.

Nice and congrats! Change (whether by choice or not lol) is almost always for the better.
Well, if my previous employer hadn't've made the choice, I was going to soon. Funny thing is that you are eligible for rehire after 6 months pretty well no matter what happened. In my case, nothing bad. One coworker was rehired after mismanaging money. My boss was fired for DUI, then went up on drug charges for a while. He got a job back with them. I said that to say this: on my 6 month anniversary of being let go, my old boss called me complaining about my replacement! I didn't take the hint!

Best of luck, guys!
Ronald, I remember a friend in business insurance who said the best feeling is when people call him and he can say "don't worry, we'll take care of you".
James: Awesome! Can't beat DevOps! You're on a rising star.

It's funny in that today and yesterday both, I've had somebody stop and ask if I'm still working for the rent to own place!

Congratulations ... but what is that?

“Devops is a software development and delivery process that emphasizes communication and collaboration between product management, software development, and operations professionals. It seeks to automate the process of software integration, testing, deployment and infrastructure changes by establishing a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more.”

This shop is a Microsoft house that publishes to Amazon Web Services (Amazon Cloud). I specialize in neither, but have the background needed to fit the gap they feel in their growth.

James: Awesome! Can't beat DevOps! You're on a rising star.

I hope so... I tried to talk to the owner of the place I've been at since Summer 2015 today, but he was frantically trying to get himself together to leave for upstate NY for a 3 day hunting trip. I'll have to pull him aside Monday morning first thing. If it wasn't for the money, lack of health insurance, and lack of paid time off... I'd never leave! https://www.instagram.com/billybobscars/ this is the old place. Hopefully, I'll still pull in a few hours a week... we've spoke about that when/if I move on.

I got in my new office last week finally. It's boring! We don't have a big presence in the town yet, so I'm basically responsible for handling what little paperwork comes through from the homemakers and answering the phone. As we build up, I'm sure I won't be so bored. It's certainly a nice change of pace.

Back
Top Bottom