Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

Picked up one exactly like this at Goodwill today (photos lifted from Etsy listing):

il_570xN.419564048_k9r6.jpg

It's an orange Heyco atomic age dual gooseneck bullet lamp. I had to look hard to find it, but the Heyco name is stamped in the small white plastic grommet around the cord opening in the base. Very heavy, and well made - like most everything made back then, before the days of planned obsolescence. The chrome plated goosenecks still shine like new, with no signs of corrosion. They still hold the lamps firmly in place, with no sagging.

Mine is missing one of the little 8-sided plastic on/off knobs - like the one shown in the far left of this photo:

il_570xN.419571309_1whm.jpg

The 8-sided plastic knob just screws on to the threaded brass shaft of the on/off rotary switch. Anyone know a source for a replacement?

index.php

Another 60's/70's fleamarket find. Two-tone glass with some subtle indentations at the base. It's signed, but I can't make out the signature.
Sharing space on top of one of the NS-1000M's with a little Benny Motzfeldt bird.
index.php

I see I posted this lamp earlier in the thread, but since it's a better picture, I'll leave it.
Pretty nervewrecking to transport in our hand luggage!

Last edited:
Picked up one exactly like this at Goodwill today (photos lifted from Etsy listing):

il_570xN.419564048_k9r6.jpg

It's an orange Heyco atomic age dual gooseneck bullet lamp. I had to look hard to find it, but the Heyco name is stamped in the small white plastic grommet around the cord opening in the base. Very heavy, and well made - like most everything made back then, before the days of planned obsolescence. The chrome plated goosenecks still shine like new, with no signs of corrosion. They still hold the lamps firmly in place, with no sagging.

Mine is missing one of the little 8-sided plastic on/off knobs - like the one shown in the far left of this photo:

il_570xN.419571309_1whm.jpg

The 8-sided plastic knob just screws on to the threaded brass shaft of the on/off rotary switch. Anyone know a source for a replacement?

I have not looked. Try looking at McMaster Carr and MSC. They are non specialty warehouses carry little of everything, if not familier with them. After you check the suppliers in AK suppliers thread, think it's in DIY. You might find something close, so you could buy two.

Last edited:
index.php

Another 60's/70's fleamarket find. Two-tone glass with some subtle indentations at the base. It's signed, but I can't make out the signature.
Sharing space on top of one of the NS-1000M's with a little Benny Motzfeldt bird.
index.php

This one we bought on a holiday in Barcelona. Italian glass lamp from the 60's. Pretty nervewrecking to transport in our hand luggage!
The Barcelona looks similar to a lava lamp warming up.

Back
Top Bottom