Just try to read this

I hadn't owned many Pioneer components back in the day, but when I did, I recall the manuals were rather "loosely" (to put it nicely) translated from Japanese to English. No nakedness, though. ;)

I don't think it is a google translation, I expect was done by a real person who does not have full command of the english language. I always find the attempts at japanese to english to be rather funny
Some companies were better at it than others. The Pioneer manuals for some reason seemed to struggle with the English. :D With others, other than a few grammar malfunctions here and there, they were fairly close to accurate.

Go grab the Japanese page and have google translate it. Similar in ways but I didn't read the whole thing. Probably a case of google translation getting better since the page was first posted.

Made perfect sense to me. You've apparently got a failure of the high region property re: analizing the text ... ;-}

PS ...

While an equalizer part carries the differential amplifier by the low-noise transistor which carried out the can shielding in the first rank and aims at a stabilization of the output middle point, and the improvement in an SN ratio, the distorted reduction and the improvement in stability are aimed at by applying the direct current NFB 100%.

Always wondered about that ... :idea:

I figure it was bad translation, its still funny though. I imagine folks in other countries reading things originally written in English and translated laugh in the same way.
I wish I could remember the wording, but one day I was bored in the car, waiting for someone. I went to Google Translate, entered some phrase, translated it to Arabic and back to English, and what came back was hilariously very politically incorrect. :D I never reported it, but several months later I had tried it again, and the translation had changed so that it was a bit safer.

Translation ''oopsies'' are not as common as they once were,but even some big-league companies still drop the ball occasionally.

I refer you to this Elna capacitor data sheet:

http://www.elna.co.jp/en/capacitor/alumi/catalog/pdf/rfs_e.pdf
ELNA developed new raw material for the separate paper which use a silk fibers.
Therefore, this capacitor can give you high grade sound for your audio design.
● Due to the silk fiber's pliability, the capacitor makes a dream of the high quality
sound.
I suppose we can only dream about high quality sound with these caps.
For examples ;
● To relieve the music's vibration energy.
Wouldn't relief of the vibration energy be like, um, no sound? Maybe they are quiet caps!
● To decrease the peak feeling sound at high compass and rough quality sound at
middle compass.
● To increase massive sound at low compass.
All points of the compass are covered. I'm beginning to like these caps!
● For bipolar capacitors, consult with us.
They have meds for that!

I was reading the datasheet for the digital tuner IC in some old tuners and recievers. It kept mentioning the "pee sound". I suspect they meant a "beep sound" when buttons were pressed.

I remember when I was doing RC airplanes. The Japanese company Enya made some really nice 4 cycle engines. one at .6" displacement, and other at .8 inch displacement. The "80 size" was a bore upped version of the "60 size" one.

Back
Top Bottom