i want all three!

My Dad had several used wagons in the 60's. They were late 50's early 60's Chevys. At least one had the fold down 3rd bench seat. I think they were Biscayne's or Belair's. They weren't as big as the land yachts of the 70's

Thanks to Dad's workplace, he drove a company station wagon. It was a mid 60s Fury at first, but the ultimate was the '69 (?) Plymouth Suburban. It went on a few road trips with us, the speedometer strangely not working when we left home, but fully functional the morning he went back to work. :D That had an acre of space behind the front seat when the rear was folded flat. It was always fun to ride around in. Later on, he had to drive a crappy '69 Chevelle wagon with a bad valve and an odd odor inside. (Wasn't a really bad odor, but it just felt old.) It had a non-working air conditioner mounted beneath the dash. They gave it to him when he was let go from the company.

Our only wagon as a kid was one of these.Travelled all over with it and pulled a coleman camper and cartopper also!
1967_Volkswagen_Type_3_Squareback-a.jpg
ma and pa and 3 kids.

My father also had a turquoise one till 72! Had a head gasket leak which they didn't fix under warranty so was a steamer. Poor mechanics made one think they were a bad engine then!

Found pics on the Interwebz of the Suburban in the color he had. I think it might have had the woodgrain sides, though, as this one looks awfully plain.

upload_2017-10-24_21-52-23.png

upload_2017-10-24_21-53-29.png

I seem to recall we went to a lumber yard and picked up paneling for the basement, and he was able to get it all home flat in the back, with the tailgate down. That thing was huge!

upload_2017-10-24_21-54-45.png

Y'all are gonna keep up this thread and force me to go make an offer on that "blue bomber" Pontiac wagon. Like I said, I need it like I need a brick upside the head, but it would be cool to just have. Have not owned anything with wire wheel covers and genuine vinyl wood grain in 30+ years--maybe its time again...

I am more fond of the convertible version of this car, but it also makes for a cool wagon:

upload_2017-10-25_19-0-37.png

upload_2017-10-25_19-1-38.png

1960 Buick Invicta. Love the "sculptured" sides of this model. The roofline is a little strange (it seems like an afterthought compared to the sedan), but otherwise, yeah, I'd settle for it. :D

A couple of rock bands in the area use the old 1960 Cadillac hearse as their vehicle. Even if they are ratty, they still turn heads. :D

Y'all are gonna keep up this thread and force me to go make an offer on that "blue bomber" Pontiac wagon. Like I said, I need it like I need a brick upside the head, but it would be cool to just have. Have not owned anything with wire wheel covers and genuine vinyl wood grain in 30+ years--maybe its time again...
Go for it ,you know you want it! Does that say 6500 bucks?Me I like the ponchos with the nose like the ambulance on page 1.

I know its weird but the front grille of the ponchos has always attracted me.Im not a gm fan but to me the Pontiacs were the best.I had a 64? stratochief that was huge with a six and 2 speed .
1970-pontiac-executive-station-wagon-photo-274777-s-1280x782.jpg

Back
Top Bottom