Radio Paradise Lossless Streaming

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've listened to RP in the past and I enjoy their programming. Although the app doesn't support Chromecast Audio, I was able to cast using the Google Home app "Cast screen/audio" feature. While I only listened for a few minutes, it seemed to work well with the Chromecast via the Home app.

Les.

I don’t see an AirPlay or CCA function in the iOS version of this app.

What I’m saying is RP doesn’t have the deep pockets of other streaming services. This app is pretty bare bones. But I’ll give it a good workout in the coming days.
Interesting. Indeed possible you just need more time with it. I think it's one of if not the most innovative and feature rich radio station apps out there.

- 5 SQ options (32 AAC to lossless FLAC)
- 2 display modes (detail & car mode)
- A bold and clean UI
- Ability to cache up to 6 hours of programming
- Option to play something different in the que if current song is not to your liking
- A slideshow of hi-res images that reflect/theme the currently playing track--nice to mirror on your TV
- Commercial free!

I'm curious. What's not to love? What "meat" do you feel is missing from it's bones?

Last edited:
Interesting. Indeed possible you just need more time with it. I think it's one of if not the most innovative and feature rich radio station apps out there.

- 4 SQ options (64 AAC to lossless FLAC)
- 2 display modes (detail & car mode)
- A bold and clean UI
- Ability to cache up to 6 hours of programming
- Option to play something different in the que if current song is not to your liking
- A slideshow of hi-res images that reflect/theme the currently playing track--nice to mirror on your TV
- Commercial free!

I'm curious. What's not to love? What "meat" do you feel is missing from it's bones?

After limited time with it today (I was working) I discovered what's under the hood. It is jam-packed with features; the "bold and clean UI" makes it look like it offers less than what it really has. I guess the lack of the AirPlay and Chromecast icons initially threw me off.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've listened to RP in the past and I enjoy their programming. Although the app doesn't support Chromecast Audio, I was able to cast using the Google Home app "Cast screen/audio" feature. While I only listened for a few minutes, it seemed to work well with the Chromecast via the Home app.

Les.
This is an Android feature, yes?

This is an Android feature, yes?

Google Home app? Yes, it's an Android app that is available for free on the Google Play Store.

I've used this method a few times now to cast RP to the CCA and it seems to work fairly well although it does tend to hiccup on occasion.

Google Home app? Yes, it's an Android app that is available for free on the Google Play Store.

I've used this method a few times now to cast RP to the CCA and it seems to work fairly well although it does tend to hiccup on occasion.
I have the Google Home app but "Cast screen/audio" looks to be only available for Android.

How do you set it up to get FLAC with Alexa?
Here's a post reply from the developer. I only have 2nd Gen dots so I can't test. I don't know about which older/newer devices he refers

Here are the SQ commands

Get the current stream bitrate / quality setting:
"Alexa ask Radio Paradise what's the bitrate"
"Alexa ask Radio Paradise what is the stream quality"

Change the stream bitrate / quality setting:
"Alexa ask Radio Paradise to change bitrate to { low, medium, high, maximum / ultra}"
"Alexa ask Radio Paradise to set stream quality to {low, medium, high, maximum / ultra}"

For FLAC (per link) spell it out or use the term "lossless".

Last edited:
Interesting. Grouped Echo with a Dot Gen2, started RP on the Echo and set it to FLAC. Sound from Echo, silence from Dot. Asked RP to set SQ to ultra, now both produce sound. Too bad Amazon stripped FLAC support!

Interesting. Grouped Echo with a Dot Gen2, started RP on the Echo and set it to FLAC. Sound from Echo, silence from Dot. Asked RP to set SQ to ultra, now both produce sound. Too bad Amazon stripped FLAC support!
Yeah. My dots accept the F L A C command, and play...but then when I ask for SQ it reports Ultra. Game in progress with moving goal posts.

Ah, didn't wait long enough. A good 20 secs of silence, then Dot started, but in ultra. Echo in FLAC, but of course the Echo sounds like crap.

Back
Top Bottom